- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Medical Office experience required. Basic to intermediate MS Office skills required. Additional software skills preferred
- None required
WORKING CONDITIONS/HAZARDS: Exposure to communicable diseases, blood and blood products, illness, confused and/ or combative patients, hazardous chemicals, stressful situations, sharp instruments and needles, and electricity.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing, walking, & assisting patients, as needed
CONTACTS: Physicians, Nursing Staff, Hospital and physician offices, Patients, Families, and Visitors.
- Primary duties are to manage the front office, triage phone calls, scheduling, filing, and assist with data entry and registration/patient access process. Has good organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate. Works collaboratively with all other disciplines on assigned unit.
- Has outstanding verbal and written communication skills, customer service skills, telephone etiquette and works well in a fast-paced dynamic atmosphere. Team-oriented mentality.
- Completes activities such as (to include, but not limited to) filing, telephone answering techniques, preparation of documents, record retention, duplication, faxing, mail distribution, and ordering of supplies.
- Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, presentations and maintains appropriate files.
- Utilizes technology tools effectively
- Displays extraordinary customer service skills in person, telephone and written communications
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while being detail oriented.
- Answers the telephone, records information, and relays messages accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains and stocks office supplies in designated areas; checks office equipment for proper function, as assigned, and reports malfunction promptly
- Prepares admission documents for patient charts as required and has all proper consents signed.
- Appropriately schedules appointments and meetings
- Adjusts and revises work schedule according to day to day requests.
- Provides administrative and clerical support when necessary.
- HIPAA Compliance – complies with all of the Privacy and Confidentiality Policy and Procedures outlined in the “Privacy, Security and Confidentiality Agreement
- Maintains quality and correctness of duties performed
- Participates in department’s performance improvement plan
- Maintains conference room schedule for meetings, training etc as appropriate
- Correctly schedules patient into EMR system appropriately.
- Confirms patients appointments each day for the following day.
- Consistently acknowledges the patient, introduces self to the patient upon their arrival to the center, informs the patient of the expected duration of today’s contact, and final, thanks the patient for their patronage.