Outreach Specialist, High School
- Expired: February 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
About The Princeton Review: The Princeton Review is a leading tutoring, test prep, and college admission services company. Every year, it helps millions of college- and graduate school–bound students achieve their education and career goals through online and in-person courses delivered by a network of more than 4,000 teachers and tutors, online resources, and its more than 150 print and digital books published by Penguin Random House. The company’s Tutor.com brand is one of the largest online tutoring services in the U.S. It comprises a community of thousands of tutors who have delivered more than 19 million one-to-one tutoring sessions. The Princeton Review is headquartered in New York, NY. Follow the company on LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Summary of Position: Did you have a great experience when you applied to college? Are you passionate about helping high school students succeed? The Princeton Review is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented individual who wants to make an impact. This position is The Princeton Review's definitive brand ambassador for test preparation, academic, and admissions programs throughout the greater Rocky Mountain region. High School Outreach Specialists find creative ways to partner with leading high schools, libraries, parent, and community organizations to prepare the next generation of great minds! This is a hybrid remote-based position for someone who lives in the greater Denver or Boulder areas. You will be working remotely at your home office but also visiting your partner schools and libraries to conduct engaging events and presentations.
- Serve as primary point of contact for partner schools and organizations and provide outstanding client service while promoting the brand and increasing enrollment in test preparation, academic support, and college admissions programs.
- Drive prospective student count and enrollment growth through aggressive outreach, diligent follow-up, and creative application of proven strategies.
- Conduct informational presentations and events with partner schools, libraries, parents, and other community organizations.
- Plan and facilitate all promotional and operational aspects of running Princeton Review marketing events; prospect and participate in non-Princeton Review events to attract students.
- Build and nurture relationships with key administrators, counselors, advisors, faculty, parents, and student organizations to increase Princeton Review's brand recognition and attendance at events.
- Provide great advice, support, and follow-up to prospective students to ensure that they choose The Princeton Review for their test preparation, academic help, and admissions needs.
- Regularly review data to understand local trends, identify gaps in outreach, and assist in developing strategies and tactics to respond to market dynamics and competitor activity.
- Communicate and apply company-wide strategy, initiatives, and programs.
- Support other initiatives and assist in the delivery of excellent student service.
- Track activity in a complete and timely manner using various systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Background, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least one year of professional experience in sales, client/customer relationship building and management, and/or marketing/event promotion. This experience can include part-time positions or internships
- Enthusiastic, confident, and optimistic demeanor with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for presenting to large groups of students, parents and administrators, both in-person and virtually
- No qualms starting conversations with people you don’t know
- A highly competitive nature with a desire to set and beat goals
- Ability to manage your own time and work remotely and autonomously from your manager, teammates, and clients
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and emotional intelligence competencies
- An ethic of personal responsibility; a need to hold yourself accountable on behalf of a team
- A willingness to travel throughout the area and work remotely via platforms such as Microsoft Teams
- Modern tech fluency, including the ability to manage your responsibilities using a smartphone and laptop, use various communication platforms, and leverage MS Office
- Formal sales training a plus.
- Experience in test preparation, academics, or college admissions a plus
- In-depth knowledge of area geography and major schools a plus because position requires regular on campus visits once allowed to resume in person
Pay: $44,500-$47,000 salary per year based on a 40-hour work week
The Company also provides eligible employees with a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, 401k plan with company match, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work
The Princeton Review is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Princeton Review’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The Princeton Review also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also The Princeton Review’s policy to comply with all applicable laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
The Princeton Review is a drug free workplace.
BusinessView all jobs at Princeton Review
Get fresh Test Prep Tutor jobs daily straight to your inbox!