R&D Intern - Summer 2023
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Princeton NuEnergy ("PNE") is a U.S.-based innovative clean-tech startup company spun out from Princeton University in 2019 and focused on the direct recycling of lithium-ion batteries (LIBs) from electric vehicles (EVs) and consumer electronics. PNE's recycling technology produces high-quality cathode and anode materials from spent LIBs via direct separation, purification, and repair. Currently, we’re opening our Summer 2023 Internship program for potential candidate to apply. This is a 10-week on-site paid intern position in our Bordentown, NJ R&D laboratory, and will be starting from June till August 2023.
As a R&D intern, you will be able to work with top-minded scientists and researchers in lithium-ion battery direct recycling technology. You will be building knowledge in varieties of LIBs (including LCO, LMO, LFP, NCM, or NCA), and getting strong hands-on experiment, analytical, and electrochemical capabilities. Selected candidate will also be able to accumulate STEM research and entrepreneurial experiences and witness the progress of a new technology being evolved from a lab, pilot scaling-up, to commercialized manufacturing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON?
- Provide support to scientists, engineers, and technicians within our R&D lab
- Collaborate with other team members to perform a variety of electrochemical testing and experimental plans utilizing general instruments and lab equipment
- Prepare basic samples, materials, equipment, and other required tools for laboratory tests or development
- Perform basic calculations and data analysis, conclude results, and effectively communicate these results with supervisor and team members
- Complete research and development processes, tasks, results, reports, and conclusions
- Clean, maintain and calibrate standard equipment and maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE
- Currently pursuing bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, or other related field of study from an accredited institution
- Demonstrate great interest in or desire to pursue STEM training and entrepreneurship
- Prior research experience in the laboratory setting environment, including but not limited to hands-on in scientific experiments, tests, data collection protocols, and knowledgeable about analytical laboratory equipment
- Organized, detail-orientated, with excellent communication skills, strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical mindset
- Strong career goal in the scientific and engineering field
- Ability to commit to a 10-week, full time (40 hours per week) summer internship
PHYSICLA AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This is an on-site position in Bordentown, NJ
- Able to work in the research lab environment and wear personal protective equipment including dust mask, respirator, safety shoes, gloves, and safety glasses/face shield
- Able to lift & carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand, walk, and use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands or arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch when necessary for job activity
Princeton NuEnergy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status under federal, state, and local laws.
Get fresh Spun jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.