Direct Sales Specialist
Santa Clarita, California
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises We are currently searching for highly motivated Direct Sales Specialists to be responsible for meeting sales goals and generating leads. An ideal candidate, will have an understanding of the sales process, sales dynamics and strong interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage. This position will be in-office and will report to the Direct Sales Reservations Manager in our corporate office in Santa Clarita, CA (north of Los Angeles).
Enjoy a fast-paced casual work environment with the Direct Sales team ensuring the needs of Princess Guests are met in a timely and professional manner.
We welcome you to consider working with one of the world's premier cruise lines. We are one of the best-known names in cruising. Princess Cruises is a global cruise and tour company operating a fleet of 18 modern ships renowned for our innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided in an environment of exceptional customer service!
Do you enjoy meeting and working with customers to find out what they want? To present solutions and ensure a smooth sales process? Are you friendly, well-spoken and ready to close the deal? We are currently are looking for people:
- Who are passionate about sales and developing ongoing relationships with direct consumers and assisting them with building their dream vacations
- With professional sales techniques to promote the sale of cruises by offering alternate destinations or services to maximize experiences with Princess Cruises
- That have interpersonal skills that balance the ability to capture new sales while maintaining excellent customer service
- That can be self-motivated and always strive to exceed expectations
- This job requires a minimum of one year experience in positions with sales. Experience in the travel and hospitality industry preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact with customers, employees, and management
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications
- Organizational skills and the ability to handle multi-tasking and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Paid training will be full-time 40 hours per week, beginning on August 26, 2019 and will last five to seven consecutive weeks.
- Hours for training are Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5:15pm.
- After training; shifts may include both Saturday and Sunday, closing shifts weekdays until 9:10 pm and may vary based on company needs.
- We ask that you commit to the training and the first 90 days of employment without any time off to begin with.
- Pay Rate - $14.25 per hour, which includes paid training; Performance based pay increases take place on a regular basis.
- Time off benefits - paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per calendar year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Discovery U courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for banking services and retail stores
Next Steps...Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you're looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.