Salt Lake City, Utah
A successful and well-respected logistics company needs a Transportation Coordinator who will act as the very center of a fast-paced and strategic environment. Their customers require individuals who think strategically and plan ahead of rapidly changing situations while maintaining a positive team oriented attitude. The Transportation Coordinator must be organized and engaged with the team. This is an amazing opportunity for a hard worker who is looking to progress their career in an excellent office environment that offers great benefits.
The Transportation Coordinator will manage asset utilization and drivers to ensure high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability. Additionally, the Transportation Coordinator assists, coaches, and mentors drivers with all training and administrative items.
- Conflict Resolution
- Handle high volume of calls (150) and emails (300) daily
- Strong multi-tasking
- Handling urgent situations in a professional manner and appropriately
- Tracking drivers, loads, and receivers accurately
- Dealing with multiple customers at once
- Handling and managing approximately 80+ drivers
- Working with Load Planners, Driver Managers, and Service Advisors
- Negotiating situations to meet expectations of customers and supervisors
- Dealing with logistical problems as needed
The ideal candidate is a professional with excellent communication, management, coaching, leadership and organization skills.
This job is highly demanding and requires patience and professionalism. Experience in the transportation industry is preferred. Knowledge of AS400 IT systems, Microsoft Office and related tools are all preferred.
- A four-year degree is preferred.
- Direct Management with day-to-day operations experience preferred
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Very dependable and take ownership of work processes
- Medical, dental, life, vision, vacation, and 401K.
- On-site gym, medical clinic, chiropractor, and an on-site vehicle-leasing program for all employees
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.