A CPA firm in Salt Lake City is recruiting for a Tax Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant Tax provides technical tax preparation and research services for individual clients and organizations in accordance with regulatory, industry and company quality control standards; records and monitors time spent on client work; reviews own work for compliance and quality; and obtains information to ensure compliance and quality meet regulatory and company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares individual, partnership, s-corporation, corporation, and trust income tax returns
- Prepares checklists and other aids to assist with maintaining and providing appropriate information for tax purposes
- Becomes familiar with the firm's format for workpapers and documents appropriately in the workpapers all information during the preparation of tax returns
- Performs research via CCH or RIA tax research software on specific projects as directed by Senior Accountant, Managers, or Partners
- Schedules personal work activity to meet all project deadlines and regulatory due dates
- Reconciles bank statements and perform basic journal entries using client software, such as QuickBooks
- Prepares payroll and related tax reports for clients
- Performs data entry, prepares journal entries and reconciles clients QuickBooks accounts
- Is familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word and can prepare spreadsheet analysis on projects
- Assists co-workers with special projects as required
- Performs quality control checks on work performed to ensure regulatory and company requirements are met prior to handoff to supervisor
- Works with firm clients as assigned by Senior or Manager
- Communicates with client only with permission from Senior or manager approval
- Participates in firm training as assigned
- Participates in CPE training according to the firm CPE training program.
- Maintains technical knowledge by preparing a study regimen consistent with firm CPE requirements
- Remains informed of changes in all aspects of taxation and how they related to client's situations
- Bachelor's Degree completed in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- This Accountant position is for individuals with 0 to 3 years accounting/tax experience
- Entry level knowledge of regulations and laws as applies to accounting, tax and audit activities
- Shows good problem resolution skills including negotiation and providing recommendations to tax problems.
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented.
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.