Mechanical Engineer, Industrial (Design/Build)
West Jordan, Utah
An established and reputable Engineering Firm in Salt Lake City is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to add to their growing team of project managers. The ideal candidate will have an engineering background working in an industrial design/build environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous applicable experience to broaden their skills and become an integral part of a successful organization. Our employee owned client has a very family-oriented and welcoming company culture that offers competitive benefits including potential for profit sharing and equity within the firm.
Essential Functions of the Mechanical Engineer:
- Responsible for process design, equipment selection and plant layout including:
- Custom fabricated proprietary equipment (incinerators, kilns, furnaces, SNCR systems, hydraulic systems, material handling equipment, etc.)
- Purchased equipment (conveyors, cyclones, baghouses, SCR systems, gas coolers, evaporators, pumps, fans, valving, instrumentation and other industrial process equipment)
- Structural steel (platforms, ladders, stairs, handrails, grating, etc.)
- Pressure vessels, tanks, process piping, and ductwork
- Manage projects to keep within budget and on schedule:
- Select and manage mechanical and electrical subcontractors
- Supervise equipment fabrication and installation
- Conduct on site systemization, startup and other associated commissioning tasks
- Responsible for custom machine design for cutting, coring, material handling, fixtures, etc.
- Mentor and assist junior engineers
- Review and be reviewed by fellow engineers
- Control systems design and testing
Qualifications of the Mechanical Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management & Design for Industrial Facilities
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to Travel
Preferred Experience of the Mechanical Engineer:
- P.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with waste incineration/pollution control systems
- Industrial plant design, support, or maintenance experience
- PLC/HMI Programming experience
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD applications
Benefits for Mechanical Engineer:
- Bonus Potential
- Company contributes 100% of medical for individual & family
- Life Insurance & 401k Match
- PTO & Holiday pay
- Potential for Profit Sharing & Equity
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Local by design. Because PrincePerelson is headquartered in Utah, we know the unique culture and business needs of the state. We are the first choice for anyone looking to hire, relocate, or expand in Utah.
A long-term commitment. Our team has an average of 10 years experience with our company. This experience translates directly into a deep understanding of our clients objectives and a total commitment to their success.
Strategic partnerships. Throughout the process of finding or filling roles, we act as a strategic partner, offering constant communication and industry insight.
PrincePerelson is certified with the Womens Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC is one of the largest third-party certifiers of businesses owned, controlled, and operated by women in the United States. This standard is the most relied upon certification of women-owned businesses.
At PrincePerelson, we foster diversity in the workforce. Diversity promotes innovation, opens new channels of revenue, and creates partnerships which provide opportunities that fuel the economy. We are proud to appear on Staffing Industry Analysts list of Largest Diversity Staffing Firms in the United States.