Maintenance Technician- Food Industry
Salt Lake City, UT
The Maintenance Technician joins a progressive and dynamic team in food manufacturing. The candidate will serve as a critical member of the Operations team and overall leadership of the food manufacturing plant. This is a growth position due to high demand of one of their product lines in the food industry. The candidate will oversee the safety, maintenance and repair of large, commercial grade food production equipment. Candidate must have a strong background in electrical and mechanical skills. An understanding of how to develop and implement preventative maintenance plans. If machine troubleshooting, repairing equipment, overseeing plant safety and assisting production management teams is in your wheelhouse then consider this the last stop in your career. Position based in Salt Lake City. Minimum of three years maintenance experience in industrial/commercial manufacturing.
Essential Functions of Maintenance Technician:
- Troubleshoot, repair and oversee the safety of commercial grade equipment
- Repair automated production equipment from blueprints, schematics and technical manual
- Continuous monitoring of production equipment
- Assist production management teams ensuring all activities are performed safely
- Assist in training programs
- Develop and perform preventive maintenance production equipment
Skills & Abilities of Maintenance Technician:
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to read and understand pneumatics and hydraulic systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift, climb ladders, platforms and work in tight spaces around machinery
- Self-initiative and intense desire to problem solve
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to accept critical feedback
- Flexible work style is required to meet deadlines
Qualifications of Maintenance Technician:
- 3+ years in maintenance experience in industrial/commercial manufacturing
- 2- year technical degree or related certification desired
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated electrical troubleshooting of control circuits
- PLC programming or troubleshooting experience desired
Benefit for Machine Maintenance Supervisor:
- Medical, Health, Vision, HSA
- PTO and Holiday pay
Prince, Perelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Local by design. Because PrincePerelson is headquartered in Utah, we know the unique culture and business needs of the state. We are the first choice for anyone looking to hire, relocate, or expand in Utah.
A long-term commitment. Our team has an average of 10 years experience with our company. This experience translates directly into a deep understanding of our clients objectives and a total commitment to their success.
Strategic partnerships. Throughout the process of finding or filling roles, we act as a strategic partner, offering constant communication and industry insight.
PrincePerelson is certified with the Womens Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC is one of the largest third-party certifiers of businesses owned, controlled, and operated by women in the United States. This standard is the most relied upon certification of women-owned businesses.
At PrincePerelson, we foster diversity in the workforce. Diversity promotes innovation, opens new channels of revenue, and creates partnerships which provide opportunities that fuel the economy. We are proud to appear on Staffing Industry Analysts list of Largest Diversity Staffing Firms in the United States.
PrincePerelson & Associates