Salt Lake City, Utah
Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm 1 hour lunch
A Utah leader in the electrical industry has an immediate opening in their accounting department for a trust-worthy, goal oriented Credit Analyst, who is laser focused on winning and, thrives in the middle of pressure! Under the supervision of the Credit Manager, the Credit Analyst performs all major credit investigations for new accounts and existing accounts. Credit Investigation functions including but not limited to sending preliminary lien notices, preparing Quarterly and Annual Reports. Additional responsibilities include Administrative tasks such as filing, sending collection letters.
Responsibilities of the Credit Analyst:
- The employee must have the abilities to perform and comply with internal Credit Policies and procedures as documented in the Standard Practice Manual (SPI)
- Operation and maintenance of the daily, monthly, and quarterly functions
- Perform credit investigations for new accounts and existing accounts
- Grant credit approval with the Credit Manager's Consent
- Engage in receptionist duties of answering and directing phone calls, filing, fax distribution, process incoming and outgoing mail
- Process job accounts and send preliminary lien notices as required by state statue and directed by the credit manager
- Set up new accounts, make changes, update account information, and deleting accounts
- Draft lien waivers per customer requests and payments received
- Track and maintain detailed spreadsheet of disputes and status for largest credit customers
- Collection calls
- Prepare bank deposits and post customer payments
- Post and reconcile cod, cash, and credit card accounts
- Process NSF checks and turn them over to the appropriate check guaranty service with follow up until resolved
- Process customer refund/Account adjustments
- Respond to credit inquiries
- Maintain and report sales problems and claims to the PC Manager and Credit Manager
- Prepare and send collection letters and send invoice copies
- Research and report payment deductions to the customer and PC Manager to ensure the efficient and timely resolution of customer deductions
- Negotiate differences with customers and make arrangements for payment and dispute resolution
- Develop a thorough understanding of the issues involved and proactively develop solutions
- Reconcile payment/statement issues with the customer
- Maintain effective professional communication with the customer, Credit Manager., and PC Manager.
- Maintain documented information i.e., invoice copies, proofs of delivery, finance charges, sales problems, etc.
Essential skills required of the Credit Analyst:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma & College Courses (Preferred experience: Credit/Accounting: 2 years)
- Negotiation skills
- Microsoft Office Suite software (proficiency with Excel a must)
- 10 Key by touch
- Detail oriented
- Excellent math skills
- Must be a self-starter who can handle a heavy volume of work and be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Able to solve problems
- Maintaining a pleasant personality under stress
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Local by design. Because PrincePerelson is headquartered in Utah, we know the unique culture and business needs of the state. We are the first choice for anyone looking to hire, relocate, or expand in Utah.
A long-term commitment. Our team has an average of 10 years experience with our company. This experience translates directly into a deep understanding of our clients objectives and a total commitment to their success.
Strategic partnerships. Throughout the process of finding or filling roles, we act as a strategic partner, offering constant communication and industry insight.
PrincePerelson is certified with the Womens Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC is one of the largest third-party certifiers of businesses owned, controlled, and operated by women in the United States. This standard is the most relied upon certification of women-owned businesses.
At PrincePerelson, we foster diversity in the workforce. Diversity promotes innovation, opens new channels of revenue, and creates partnerships which provide opportunities that fuel the economy. We are proud to appear on Staffing Industry Analysts list of Largest Diversity Staffing Firms in the United States.