Accounting Support Clerk
$20.00/hr. - $23.00/hr.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
A natural gas & energy construction firm is adopting new accounting software and needs temporary accounting and administrative team members to assist. The assignment length is for 3 to 9 months depending upon need. The position may also become full-time depending upon organizational needs and availability.
· We need an individual who has clerical accounting experience in AP, AR, or payroll so they can support our team, as our current team learns the new ERP system.
· This individual needs to be able to learn multiple processes quickly and adapt to rapidly changing assignments.
· They will learn and use the existing/old system (SAP).
· They need to be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
· The longer the duration of the assignment, the more likely this individual will need to also learn the new ERP and assist with some of those functions.
· Provide support to administrative and operational management
· Provide in-depth accounting support of all accounting functions including accounts receivable, payroll, accounts payable, customer work management and job costing
· Ensure accurate recording and recognition of revenue
· Develop and maintain a strong understanding of current projects
· Verify internal consistency, completeness, and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents
· Other duties as requested by leadership
Education, Skills, Experience Needed:
· Associates degree in accounting or related field preferred
· 2 years of accounting experience
· Strong knowledge of accounting procedures for accounts receivables, accounts payable and payroll
· Must possess an understanding of general accepted accounting principles and internal controls
· Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint; SAP experience preferred
· Analytical, detail orientated, personable, professional and self-starter
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and complete assignments with tight deadlines and minimal or no supervision
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
· Ability to understand and adhere to company policies and procedures
· Strong ability to maintain top standards of quality and accuracy
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.