Salt Lake City, UT
$15 - $20 Hourly
Accounting Clerk duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, billing customer monthly revenue, providing administrative, technical and clerical support for accounts payable and account receivable and all other accounting functions and divisions
Accounting Clerk Job Duties:
- Create invoices for outgoing shipments, installs, and any other miscellaneous items not automatically invoiced in the system.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, ACH, and credit card transactions.
- Reconcile customer payments to bank account on a weekly basis.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales department and customers.
- Issue credit memos when needed and apply to customer accounts.
- Run Accounts Receivable summary and contact delinquent customers for payment.
- Helps maintain correct information for customers.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information, including customer information, confidential.
- Enter AP invoices and arrange payments in a timely manner.
- Verifies validity of vendor discrepancies with receiving.
- Help maintains inventory control through RMA’s and month end counts.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- 3 Years proven working experience as staff or clerical accountant
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Customer service orientation
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.