Prince Industries Carol Stream, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Prince Industries is currently seeking an experienced OSP Buyer to join our purchasing department based in Carol Stream, IL. The OSP Buyer is responsible for the processes and systems related to the servicing of Prince customers. Directs the delivery of administrative and operational assistance designed to promote revenue growth and business retention, productivity, and ensures consistent levels of customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands, observes, and enforces all necessary safety procedures for assigned work department.
- Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness.
- Works to advance company sourcing programs.
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price and best quantity to order to maximize savings value.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders, change notices and sends copy to supplier and notifies necessary department personnel if required delivery date cannot be met or any changes made to original purchase order.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to evaluate supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control, to determine present and future material availability.
- Maintains accurate procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories by inputting information in computer and/or maintaining paperwork.
- Negotiates bids or purchasing contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Informs team of any major problems in a timely manner.
- Expedites delivery of goods to the initiator of the purchase requisition or to the appropriate department when received.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company and suppliers
- Generates bid forms and submits forms via email, fax, or mail to suppliers to bid on pricing.
- Weekly reviews Vendor Open Order Report to expedite late product not received.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Maintains On-Time Delivery Performance Report for all suppliers according to quality certifications (i.e. ISO, QS)
- Understands and follows Prince Industries quality certifications (i.e., ISO, QS) as relates to position.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
- Creates and prints memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Assists in special projects and duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Maintains good housekeeping and safe work conditions in department.
- Works effectively with all department personnel and co-workers in a harmonious and cooperative manner to meet the needs and goals established by the company.
- Frequently reviews all correspondences (i.e., Voice mail messages, emails, faxes, mail) and responds to all requests in a timely manner.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor; may include department transfers to meet production needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline related to functional work role with 3 years of relevant work experience or demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Work experience in related manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience coordinating with Heat Treating, Anodizing, Galvanizing, Plating, and/or Powder Coating is preferred.
- Continuing education, certification, or formal training desired.
- Ability to generate reports and business correspondences as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written form and interact appropriately with vendors, and all levels of the company.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, and co-workers as it applies to the job duties.
- Excellent computer skills to effectively work with procurement related software generate correspondences, perform data entry input etc.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills required to complete work assignments and prioritize urgent matters.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure; involves coping with stress and maintaining a composed, professional manner in all circumstances related to vendors, customers, or co-workers.
- Ability to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills to work across functions when resolving problems.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Regularly required to walk or sit the duration of workday, 9 hours.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, reach, or bend.
- Frequently required to perform repetitive hand movements when doing computer work or paperwork.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision in which 20/20 vision or corrected vision to 20/20 vision is required
- Paid vacation and holidays (9 per year)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with strong employer match
- Company paid life insurance & AD&D
- 100% tuition reimbursement for job relation classes
- PPE reimbursement
- Your specific benefits package will depend on your position, location, and years of service with Prince.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressCarol Stream, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Prince Industries