Communications Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Prince George’s County Educators’ Association (PGCEA) represents more than 10,000 certified employees, including classroom teachers, school counselors, speech pathologists, media specialists and other non-supervisory educators in the Prince George’s County Public School (PGCPS) system.
PGCEA is seeking an experienced communications administrative assistant. This is an ideal position for a recent college graduate with a BA/BS in Communications/Journalism.
- BA/BS in Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in coordinating special events, desktop publishing, basic copying editing and proofreading
- Multi-tasking management of projects and assignments for various PGCEA events (conferences, meetings and other events) and publications
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, Action Networks, JotForm, Survey Monkey, and/or Canva preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken, with representatives of PGCEA as well as individuals and organizations outside the association
- Ability to be a flexible and enthusiastic member of a fast-paced team.
- Ability to prioritize work on tight deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to problem solve and creatively look for solutions
- Ability to carry out recurring assignments independently.
- Ability to organize and time manage daily, weekly, monthly and annual assignments and projects
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- Has or can obtain and maintain a valid US driver's license that complies with the State of Maryland
Summary of Essential Job functions
- Assists with and provides support for PGCEA events, including the logistics and preparation for the annual Legislation Reception, conferences, committee meetings, and other events. Coordinates with Management, staff, hotel team, speakers, and guests
- Provides assistance with and prepares graphics, flyers, photography, and other materials as needed for print and online communications, presentations, and events
- Proofreads all communications and materials for members and general public, and provides basic editorial, fact-checking, and research support
- Provides administrative support to field staff
- Serves as back up to the receptionist
- Assists in researching and help with the labelling, mail stuffers, and bulk mailings as needed
- Assists in website maintenance and/or online content
- Collects and sends out daily news clippings, distributes news releases, maintains media contact lists, and assists in preparation of press events, press kits, and other event materials as directed
- Monitor Social Media accounts
- Provides routine administrative support: updating print and online materials; entering and compiling data; transcribing and composing correspondence, formatting, filing; ordering stationary, business cards, and other printed business material; referring inquiries and copying and distributing documents as needed
- Responds to member inquiries for information in a timely manner
- Requires some weekend and evening work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some lifting and setting up equipment, carrying of boxes (40 pounds) and filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and bend/squat or stand as necessary.
Competitive salary and benefits:
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including, health insurance, generous leave and holiday leave schedules provided. PGCEA is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly believe our organization and our work benefit from the experiences and perspectives of a diverse staff.
All correspondence should be submitted to:
Melissa Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: Communications Administrative Assistant.
Prince Georges County Educators
AddressDistrict Heights, MD
Get fresh Prince County Hospital jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.