Director of Business Development (Western US)
INCOME: Base of $90K with an annual commission of another $90K at plan for an annual total at plan of $180,000.00
LOCATION: Based on any major city in CA, OR, CO, AZ, WA or NV within 45 minutes of a major airport - (covering the West USA)
BENEFITS: Excellent health benefits, dental, vision insurance, matching 401k, life insurance, and paid time off
Our client company is a rapidly growing developer of state-of-the-art grow solutions for the cannabis and hemp marketplace
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for cultivating new cannabis grow facility opportunities in the Midwestern US region. He/She will have strong prospecting and strong relationship building skills. Your active listening skills will allow you to understand a potential customers water challenges, pain points, and their initiatives, allowing you to ask great questions and qualify their needs swiftly. This self-starter will possess an ardent work-ethic, be independent, have effective communication skills (written and verbal), and outstanding follow up tactics.
The ideal candidate is a true “hunter” who enjoys prospecting, follows sales processes, knows how to leverage a CRM, and has a successful track record in rapidly growing a sales territory. Cannabis market experience is a must. Not just using it – but experience with sales and marketing or the business of growing and/or selling.
· Develop targeted short term and long-term territory plan to maximize the sales of products.
· Proactively generate new opportunities (prospecting top target accounts).
· Qualify the prospect and evaluate the prospect’s capital expenditures and revenue potential.
· Effectively use the company marketing initiatives and collateral (email campaigns, webinars, handouts, demo's, and other material) and successfully engage new prospects.
· Effectively work with the sales engineering team to develop technical and business requirements for qualified opportunities. Work with our team to develop detailed proposals to meet customer-specific pain points and challenges, ultimately winning the opportunities.
· Provide additional revenue by always being aware of upgrade opportunities within existing engagements within a customer's organization.
· Use the company’s CRM to record all prospecting activity daily.
· Provide accurate monthly and quarterly new bookings projections for your territory.
· BS/BA or higher
· Working knowledge and minimum of 2 years experience in the cannabis marketplace
· Minimally 4 years of territory development and enterprise sales experience. (prefer the agricultural market – but not required)
· Excellent prospecting and questioning skills
· Exceptional problem-solving abilities
· Outstanding communication, follow up, and presentation skills
· Strong writing skills and professional proposal development skills
If you are interested – you must send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org - ALONG with a detailed explanation as to how you meet ALL the requirements.