Primus Aerospace, an AS 9100 / ISO 9001 employer located in Lakewood, Colorado, is a rapidly growing company with many opportunities for advancement. Primus Aerospace specializes in high-precision, high-complexity CNC machining and assembly for the commercial aerospace, defense and space industry. We utilize state of the art Vertical, Horizontal and Multi-Axis machining centers with 5-7-9 axis capabilities. We are seeking long-term employees to grow and support multi-year contracts with our customers. Our product platform support includes crew/passenger seating, actuation, hydraulics, landing gear, cargo systems, gear systems, missile/weapon systems, and ground support vehicles.
We currently have several opportunities for CNC Machine Operators. These positions operate CNC machines from provided work instructions on work orders or set up personnel provided from supervisor or engineering.
- First shift lathe operator
- Second shift mill operator
- First shift weekend (Friday-Sunday 3 12's) K-Cell operator
- Second shift weekend (Friday-Sunday 3 12's) Mazak operator
Machine Operators will be responsible for:
- Validating all first articles prior to running job.
- Support manufacturing operations according to the company’s Quality System and ensure compliance to customer requirements and specifications.
- Verify/meet expected cycle times and production expectations daily
- Drive for 100% First Pass Yield, cost of poor quality (scrap/rework), and on-time production
- Reduce scrap to 2% minimum
- Validate part quality through IPIC chart completion
- Ensure Part History forms are reviewed
- Ensure full tie-in with next shift working the same machine
- Ensure proper tags placed on all required parts (IPIC and rejected)
- Verify part counts are accurate
- Ensure tooling / back-up tooling is adequate
- Escalate all manufacturing issues real-time to supervision/quality
- Work with supervisor/manager to meet production and shop schedules.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, including identification and traceability.
- Notify supervisor/manager of any non-conforming or discrepant parts on a real-time basis.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience operating CNC Machining Centers
- Thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, print reading, and mathematics
- Must have tools, indicators, micrometers, calipers, deburring tools, etc.
- Strong work ethic
Our work environment is fast paced and professional, with continued growth fostered by our commitment to teamwork. We offer comprehensive benefits including 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental and vison insurance.
Qualified residents of an SBA HUBZone may be paid a bonus after 6 months of employment. To see if you live in a HUBZone, go to the following website and enter your address. It will tell you if your location is UBZone qualified (orange on the map). http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/
Primus Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.