Primus Aerospace was founded over 30 years ago and is a major contractor for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As a leading supplier and highly regarded by the 5 largest prime defense contractors in the world, we are an AS9100/ISO9001 certified employer with manufacturing locations in Lakewood and Golden Colorado. We are rapidly growing and offer significant opportunities for advancement. Primus Aerospace specializes in high-complexity machining, assembly and integration services for military/commercial aircraft, rockets, satellites and ground/air based defense systems. We support the majority of all prime defense contractors and commercial aerospace companies across the industry. We are seeking long-term employees who desire to advance their career, further develop their skills and support long-term programs with our customer base. We manufacture some of the most complex components and systems in the business and need employees with strong work ethic, team attitude and passion for their career.
The CNC Lathe Programmer will program components and fixturing using customer provided models and drawings. Will program both live axis toll lathes and mill turn lathes, experience turning exotic metals such as Titanium, Inconel is a plus. The Programmer supports current production and prototype projects while maintaining quality and safety standards. As a member of the Engineering team, the CNC Programmer Lathe will work with process engineers, operations, quality and procurement as well as customers and vendors to develop the most efficient manufacturing process possible. This position will work on a variety of machinery models, including Okuma, Mori Seiki, DMg Mori.
· ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
• Program both live axis tool lathes and mill turn lathes.
• Analyze job orders, drawing, blueprints and specifications and design data to calculate dimensions, tool selections, machine speeds and feed rates
• Determine the sequence of machine operations and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine workpieces, develops proves development
• Write instruction sheets/routers for a machine’s controller to guide setup
• Develop setup work instructions and trains operators
• Revise programs to eliminate errors and re-test programs to check that problems have been solved
• Utilize computer aided manufacturing (CAM) software to produce or develop programs
• Check completed programs by running simulations or tests
• Consult with engineering personnel in preparing and finalizing programs
• Simplify tooling time for workers to increase productivity and run times
• Monitor all programs to ensure they follow blueprint instructions and safety policies
• Follow established processes and quality and safety standards
• Participate in LEAN manufacturing activities
• Maintain knowledge of current industry trends, processes and tool information
• At least five (5) years’ experience programming live axis tool lathes.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Ability to setup and run jobs, maintaining tight tolerances +/-.00001.
• Strong acumen of process development.
• Ability to design fixturing.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Basic to intermediate shop math.
• Ability to use reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and implement solutions.
• Exceptional problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in an easy to understand fashion.
• Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement background.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management and team members.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• AS9100 and ISO9001 work experience is a plus.
• Ability to embrace PRIMUS core values.
• Degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or machine tool technology or related field or programming certification with at least 5+ years’ experience programming
· WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING TO ALL EMPLOYEES
• On-the-job training education assistance
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Basic Life/AD&D insurance company paid
• Short-term disability, long-term disability and additional Life/AD&D plans
• Company paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid vacation
• Nine (9) paid holidays per year
• 401K with company match
• Strong advancement opportunities
• Positive work environment and outstanding location in Denver West
· To apply online, please go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/39b6f13e-7d67-4dd0-b373-2075c1da8b93/Primus-Metals-Inc
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Primus Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.