- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Strongsville and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Strongsville Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred.
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Two-year degree in early childhood or related field preferred.
- Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or Child Development-related field, and/or CDA
- Knowledgeable in elementary-aged curriculum with emphasis on literacy, mathematics and science
Primrose School of Strongsville