After School Teacher from 3:00-6:15
Primrose School of North Naples Naples, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
As an After School teacher at Primrose School of North Naples you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them. We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in our before and after school program, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning.Primrose School of North Naples is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age. Primary Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of North Naples Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred.
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Two-year degree in early childhood or related field preferred.
- Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or Child Development-related field, and/or CDA
- Knowledgeable in elementary-aged curriculum with emphasis on literacy, mathematics and science
Primrose School of North Naples
EducationView all jobs at Primrose School of North Naples