Goal: To plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in a group, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning.
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred.
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Competent and confident
- High integrity
- Good listening and follow-up skills
- Able to work with others harmoniously
- High coping capabilities
- Solution and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Littleton and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Littleton Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.