Primrose School of Lakewood Ranch Town Center Bradenton, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning
Primrose School of Lakewood Ranch Town Center is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Lakewood Ranch Town Center and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Lakewood Ranch Town Center Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
- Infant - Preschool Teachers: 2 year degree in early childhood or related field preferred
- Pre-Kindergarten Teachers: 4 year degree in early childhood or related field required
- Kindergarten Teacher: 4 year degree in early childhood and certified to teach in the state in which the school operates required
This position is full time, Monday - Friday, all year round.
Join our team in a fun and rewarding preschool environment!
· Health insurance available - Employer contributes $3,000 annually towards company sponsored health insurance plan
· Dental coverage available
· Paid time off
· Paid holidays
· Annual bonus
· Generous child-care discount
· Meals and uniform shirts provided
· School closure during winter break
· Monday-Friday work week
· Annual merit-based pay increase
· Encouraging work environment and strong parental support for our staff
· Opportunity for growth
DCF license # C12MA0135
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.
Primrose School of Lakewood Ranch Town Center
EducationView all jobs at Primrose School of Lakewood Ranch Town Center