Part Time CDL Driver
Primrose School of Lakeshore Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primrose School at Lakeshore is located at 16460 W. Lake Houston Pkwy, Houston, TX, 77044, is in search of a Transportation Vehicle Driver who can ensure the health, safety and welfare of the children, staff and any other passengers during bus transportation to and from Primrose School at Lakeshore
Primrose Lakeshore is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
- Observes all rules and regulations of Primrose Lakeshore and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children
- Maintains the safe operating condition and cleanliness of the vehicle, immediately reporting any problems to the Director
- Follows procedures to guarantee no child is left alone on a bus without adult supervision at any time, including ensuring all children have departed the bus at the end of all bus routes.
- Ensures that the communication device (e.g. cellular phone, two-way radio) is in proper working order before each trip
- Ensures that the bus always has sufficient fuel
- In consultation with the Director, develops and follows efficient and safe written bus routes
- Uses seat belts. Ensures that all passengers' belts are securely fastened before moving the transportation vehicle
- Does not use, or do, anything that would distract from driving duties to include, but not limited to, cell phone, radio, tobacco and/or liquid refreshment while performing driving duties
- Ensures that all doors are locked while the transportation vehicle is in motion and that the maximum number of passengers allowed by state law is not exceeded
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose Lakeshore Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of all applicable local regulatory agencies
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have CDL license
- Successful completion of a driving test
- Experience working with young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.
Primrose School of Lakeshore
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Primrose School of Lakeshore