After School Teacher
Primrose School of Johnstown Road Gahanna, OH
- Expired: May 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
As an Explorer Teacher at Primrose School of Johnstown Road located at 1101 E. Johnstown Road Gahanna, OH 43230 you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Explorer Teacher to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in our before and after school program, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning.
Primrose School of Johnstown Road is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Johnstown Road and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Drives the Primrose School Bus (Passenger Van) to transport children from their Elementary School to Primrose.
- Explorer Teacher work schedule is 2:00pm-6:00pm with a full time opportunity as a Floater Teacher/Explorer Teacher. Summer hours are available on a full time or part time basis as part of the summer camp program.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred.
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Clear driving record and posses an active driver's license.
- Two-year degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or Child Development-related field, and/or CDA
- Knowledgeable in elementary-aged curriculum with emphasis on literacy, mathematics and science
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.
Primrose School of Johnstown Road
EducationView all jobs at Primrose School of Johnstown Road