After School Teacher
Primrose School of Evergreen San Jose, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Primrose School of Evergreen is seeking a full-time, School Age Teacher. Children in this classroom are from age 5 years to 12 years. This position will ensure adherence to our mission of bringing the best and most trusted in early childhood education and child care services to families we serve. We are seeking an individual who is energetic, organized, a problem solver and possesses great communication skills. This individual needs to be passionate about early childhood education and dedicated to the success of our next generation.
Learn more about our After School program here.
- 12 or more core units in Early Childhood Education Required
- Work experience in a licensed child care facility as an school age teacher
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency including finger-printing and background check
- Proficient computer and internet skills
- Knowledge of the social, emotional, and creative needs of young children
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Willing to obtain Commercial Drivers License to operate and drive small school bus for transporting children
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Evergreen and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Evergreen Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Primrose School of Evergreen
AddressSan Jose, CA
EducationView all jobs at Primrose School of Evergreen