- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $22 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Perform a variety of manual duties, usually working in a utility capacity by transferring from one project to another or from one task to another, where demands require assistance of workmen with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision.
· Practice safety rules.
· Follow verbal and written instructions.
· Safe use of hand & power tools.
· Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
· Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
· Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
· Must work well as part of a team.
· Measure distance from grade stakes
· Drive stakes
· Stretch tight line
· Grade stacks from lumber for reuse
· Level earth to fine grade specifications with shovel to assist in pipe laying, and preparing sub grades and other excavations
· Direct other laborers in dumping concrete into forms
· Erect shoring and braces and paints pipe joints with sealing compound
· Assist in setting pumps and setting well-points
· May assist heavy construction equipment operator in aligning and moving equipment suck as cranes, power shovels and backhoes, verifying grades and signaling operators to adjust machines to conform to grade specifications.
· Directs truck drivers and scraper operators to dumping positions to maintain grades as directed by Grading Foreman or Dumping Foreman.
· Work in a concrete paving crew, adding to or removing concrete from in front of concrete finishing machines so that correct grade will be met
· Occasionally use small power tools
· May work as lead man in a labor crew
· Will usually exercise considerable independent judgement to plan work of a routine nature; accepts responsibility for several phases and expedites that work without having to be told or be explained the procedure for performing duties
· Other related duties as required.
· Some industrial/construction/ general labor experience.
· Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
· New Hire Orientation Quiz
· Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
· Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
· Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
· Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
· Must be able to pass physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
· Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
· Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at elevated heights as well as in confined spaces (towers, vessels, excavations, etc.).
· Able to carry 50 lbs. of tool and/or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
· Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
· Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
· Must be clean shaven and able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
· Location: industrial construction sites and/or fabrication shop
· Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site:
o Uneven ground level
o Obstructed pathways
o Work performed at low and/or high elevations
o Work performed in confined areas
· Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
o Predominately outdoor climate
o May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
o Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
o Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
o Potential exposure to chemical substances
Primoris Services Corporation (Primoris) is ranked in the top 10% of the prestigious Top 600 Specialty Contractors List by Engineering News Record (ENR), having built projects throughout the United States as well as Latin America, South and Central America, and South East Asia.
We build great projects because we have built a great company – and insist on great performance.
And that’s a product of our people, passion, and partners.
Primoris Services CorporationWhy Work Here?
Excellent opportunity to join our team during a time of extraordinary growth.
Company Overview: Primoris Services Corporation (Primoris) is ranked in the top 10% of the prestigious Top 600 Specialty Contractors List by Engineering News Record (ENR), having built projects throughout the United States as well as Latin America, South and Central America, and South East Asia. We build great projects because we have built a great company – and insist on great performance. And that’s a product of our people, passion, and partners.