The buyer will support the procurement team with researching, strategic sourcing, negotiations, analysis of pricing structures, bid analysis and purchasing services, supplies, parts and equipment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assisting with supplier qualification, evaluation and re-evaluation processes.
- Support the procurement team with developing appropriate sources of supply.
- Initiating the sourcing (price/availability) process by issuing RFQ’s.
- Analyzing & levelizing quotes received and making recommendations for award.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders and change orders.
- Inputting and maintaining necessary data/records in the company purchasing system.
- Researching and resolving AP/AR discrepancies.
- Assisting with Procurement reporting requirements and metrics.
- Maintaining cooperative working relationships with suppliers to stay current with trends and technologies, products and services.
- Working closely with Expeditor to ensure suppliers meeting contract schedule and delivery requirements.
- Require a 2-year Degree in Business or Management. Prefer a 4-year B.S. Degree.
- 3+ years’ Purchasing/Buyer experience in the Construction and/or Engineering field.
- Preference given for experience in Solar, Renewable Energy or Power Generation.
- Preference given for bilingual candidates.
- Experience in Microsoft (Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
- Experience with Viewpoint preferred.
- Communicated effectively verbally and in writing.
We are not accepting resumes from Third Party Recruiting Firms for this position. If you are an Agency or Search firm representative, contact the Primoris Talent Acquisition Manager directly for consideration. Primoris or its subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes and online response forms through this source. In addition, Primoris or its subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees on unsolicited resumes that are submitted to any member of the Staffing or Operations team. Primoris has established an approved vendor program for this service, and will only consider accepting submissions from those approved firms. For consideration in becoming an approved vendor, contact email@example.com.