- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Engineer- Heavy CIvil
Provides support to the Project Manage and the Project Superintendent, including planning, organizing, implementing and tracking.
- Practice safety rules.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Safe use of hand & power tools.
- Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
- Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
- Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Maintain plan drawings and revisions.
- Create and maintain all required Project Logs.
- Perform material take-offs.
- Communicate with the owner and client representatives.
- Calculate pricing and issue contracts and purchase orders for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Schedule subcontractor work and supplier material deliveries.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and project documents.
- Prepare original baseline schedule.
- Negotiates with owner on time extensions, delay impacts and accelerations.
- Measure all work put in place and monitor the accumulation and documentation of quantities; report these to the project manager for inclusion on monthly estimate and for reporting to the accounting department.
- Participate with Project Manager in resolution of quantity disputes the owner/engineer.
- Assist Project Manager in developing request for payment for extra work and claims for changes, maintains project records and documentation to support same.
- Prepare all close out documents at contract completion.
- Ensure all submittals are timely and quality control plan is complied with.
- Engineered safety precautions, supports, and false work.
- Supervise cost allocation of all labor, equipment, and material purchased on project.
- Makes daily reports of hours worked, work performed, and delays or extra work.
- Present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and management of the organization.
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating Primavera 3 and 6.
- Ability to communicate in English via verbal and written communications.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and utilize Construction Math concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Work up to a 12 hour shift performing strenuous daily activities in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
- Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in all aspects of management of large heavy/civil highway construction projects with a proven track record of successful outcome.
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or a related degree.
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
- New Hire Orientation Quiz
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
- Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
- Must be able to pass physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at elevated heights as well as in confined spaces (towers, vessels, excavations, etc.).
- Able to carry 50 lbs. of tool and/or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
- Must be clean shaven and able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
- Location: industrial construction sites and/or fabrication shop
- Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site:
- Uneven ground level
- Obstructed pathways
- Work performed at low and/or high elevations
- Work performed in confined areas
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
- Predominately outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
- Potential exposure to chemical substances
Primoris Services Corporation (Primoris) is ranked in the top 10% of the prestigious Top 600 Specialty Contractors List by Engineering News Record (ENR), having built projects throughout the United States as well as Latin America, South and Central America, and South East Asia.
We build great projects because we have built a great company – and insist on great performance.
And that’s a product of our people, passion, and partners.
Primoris Services Corporation
AddressTexas City, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at Primoris Services Corporation
Get fresh Senior Mechanical Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.