Operate crane to lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities in a safe and efficient manner.
· Practice safety rules.
· Follow verbal and written instructions.
· Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
· Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
· Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
· Must work well as part of a team.
· Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
· Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
· Operate crane according to signals.
· Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting.
· Produce consistently high quality work.
· Identify opportunities for improvement in all tasks and procedures necessary to complete the work.
· Responsible for the preventative maintenance for the safe operation of the assigned equipment.
· Identify efficiencies to reduce wait time, rework, transport, material storage and time.
· Work within the precise limits and standards of accuracy.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of four (4) years of experience in specified skill.
· Must have a third party certification though an accredited agency.
· Written pre-employment qualification test.
· Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
· New Hire Orientation Quiz
· Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
· Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
· Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
· Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
· Must be able to pass physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
· Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
· Able to carry 50 lbs. of tool and/or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
· Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
· Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
· Must be clean shaven and able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
· Location: industrial construction sites and/or fabrication shop
· Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site:
o Uneven ground level
o Obstructed pathways
o Work performed at low and/or high elevations
o Work performed in confined areas
· Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
o Predominately outdoor climate
o May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
o Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
o Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
o Potential exposure to chemical substances