Construction Support Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Construction Support Engineer will support all contracted/ongoing projects while acting as liaison between Procurement, Engineering, and Operations. He/she may also support miscellaneous Pre-construction tasks and serve as a feedback loop from Operations.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform material takeoffs from Engineer of Record’s (EOR’s) drawing package(s) at each design phase and update the Project’s Bill of Major Material or ‘BOMM’ accordingly.
- Integrate PRE means & methods into specific project designs in collaboration with third party engineers.
- Collaborate with operations team and external engineers to ensure takeoff information is accurate.
- Review contract technical alignment & technical specifications and provide feedback/comment to ensure the accuracy and completeness of those documents and ensure they meet PRE’s standard.
- Advise in-house engineers with site analysis, electrical design, and technical difficulties based on experience from Operations.
- Review detailed drawings/plans, datasheets, and product specification conformity with the project needs/technical requirements.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on behalf of Engineering in support of construction providing technical guidance as required.
- Develop & manage CAD standards for our EOR’s & 3rd party Engineering consultants
- Manage changes to PRE’s Standard Construction Details
- Attend trainings for new products and equipment.
- Visit project sites to support Operations, audit means & methods, and report feedback to Pre-construction team.
- Develop tools/standards/templates/solutions used by Engineering & Operations to maximize install efficiency, improve processes, and automate tasks.
- Participate in page-turns at each engineering milestone (30%, 60%, 90%, IFC)
- Other tasks as required/requested by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- B.S. in Engineering or related field; or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective oral & written communication.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and follow through on assigned tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in reviewing contractual documents, technical specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Civil3D.
- AutoDesk Construction Cloud (ACC) experience preferred.
- Programming experience preferred (AutoCAD Lisp, VBA, etc.)
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated, innovative team player, able to stay organized in a fast-moving and dynamic environment, with minimal supervision, while maintaining a positive attitude and professionalism.
- 1-3 years of Electrical engineering experience or solar project design/construction experience is a plus.
Primoris Services Corporation (Primoris) is ranked in the top 10% of the prestigious Top 600 Specialty Contractors List by Engineering News Record (ENR), having built projects throughout the United States as well as Latin America, South and Central America, and South East Asia.
We build great projects because we have built a great company – and insist on great performance.
And that’s a product of our people, passion, and partners.
Primoris Services Corporation
3800 Lewiston StreetDenver, CO
ConstructionView all jobs at Primoris Services Corporation
Get fresh Project Support jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.