Photography Studio Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Ready to step up your Photography game? We are seeking an experienced Photography Studio Manager or Lead Photographer with management experience and a background in photographing, conceptualizing and producing lifestyle and product still life concepts. Consider joining our in-house photography team to creatively showcase our home décor and gift items at Primitives By Kathy.
Our Photography Studio Manager needs to be a creative and an out-of-the box thinker with big ideas when it comes to creating photographic product images expressive of our unique products. You will need to translate various brand messages through beautiful catalog content and understand the type of imagery that resonates with our customers/clients and come to the table with suggestions on enhancing their experience when viewing PBK catalog and website images.
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Director, Marketing, and Product Development.
- Lead photography department projects and workflow, assigning projects to Digital Asset Specialist, Photographer and Contract Photographer.
- Concept, produce, and execute silo and lifestyle photography for catalogs, ecommerce, trade ads, etc.
- Responsible for implementing and managing Photo Management system in partnership with IT.
- Owner of photo team workflow processes and file naming convention, and make amendments as needed. Monitor and ensuring compliance of workflow processes and file naming throughout the organization.
- Manage studio and off-site shoot schedules.
- Produce photography in various methods including printed/digital media.
- Perform retouching and image adjustments after shoots.
- Ability to create and run Photoshop Actions.
- Deliver final product to various sources including external customers, graphic designers, and corporate communications.
- Maintain studio equipment so we have updated software, scheduling regular equipment maintenance, overall studio upkeep, and troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Works with Digital Asset Specialist to maintain and organize digital files.
- Work overtime as needed especially during peak times surrounding catalog launches.
Education, Experience & Preferred Skills:
- Minimum Education - high school diploma or equivalent. BS/BA degree in photography or equivalent is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of professional product photography experience is required (must show portfolio) including experience in photographing, conceptualizing, and producing lifestyle and product still life concepts as well as natural and studio lighting and equipment experience.
- Experience managing photoshoots including developing and organizing shoots and shot lists, photography styling and art directing of shoots. Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and change content / shoot schedules as needed.
- Previous department management experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite (particularly Adobe Photoshop and Bridge) and Capture One, including how to create clipping paths
- Experience with Nikon, PC and Mac systems
- Knowledgeable of photography including design and understanding page layouts, including experience creating catalog media content
- Understanding a commercial studio workflow and able to drive improvements when needed to enhance processes
- Able to communicate and present ideas in front of creative team
- Desire and ability to work under pressure under tight deadlines for multiple projects
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to professionalism, hard work and high-quality creativity
This job operates in a professional photography studio environment using professional photography equipment. Occasional local travel for on-location shoots.
Benefits of Working for Primitives By Kathy
- Fun product line from an established, but growing, woman-owned company. (In 2022, we are celebrating 25 years!)
- KPRIDE KCREW program - commitment to employee engagement, training and development
- Community participation through Kathy's Circle of Friends (KCOF) - program for individuals with all levels of disabilities.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance;
- 401K with match;
- PTO and paid holidays; and your birthday off;
- Employee discounts on our products;
- Life & AD&D Insurance, short term and long-term disability.
Primitives By Kathy (PBK) is the #1 wholesaler of "present day primitives" to nationwide retail stores. With a focus on creative design, ahead-of-the-market product innovation, and international sourcing, the company currently offers over 9,000 unique home décor and gift items to more than 22,000 worldwide customers. Headquartered in Lancaster, PA, the company connects with customers through its 832-page catalog, website, tradeshows, and permanent showrooms in Atlanta, Las Vegas and Dallas.
Primitives By Kathy® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Primitives By Kathy® complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Primitives By Kathy
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Primitives By Kathy