Marketing Graphic Designer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primitives By Kathy (PBK) is the #1 wholesaler of "present day primitives" to nationwide retail stores. With a focus on creative design, ahead-of-the-market product innovation, and international sourcing, the company currently offers over 9,000 unique home décor and gift items to more than 22,000 worldwide customers. Headquartered in Lancaster, PA, the company connects with customers through its 832-page catalog, website, tradeshows, and permanent showrooms in Atlanta, Las Vegas and Dallas.
The Marketing Graphic Designer is an integral part of our Marketing department. The designer works alongside the Marketing Team and others to create exceptional and creative layout design, photo retouching, mechanical file prep, asset requests and more. Ideal candidate for this role is an organized, efficient, creative problem solver with excellent technical skills and a strong design sensibility.
- Create engaging digital and print marketing collateral while adhering to PBK brand guidelines. Materials created will support marketing campaigns, social media, PBK website, customer ecommerce websites, Human Resources initiatives, sales team, partnerships, etc.
- Work closely with Marketing Director to understand design requirements as well as production deadlines. For some projects, ability to attend team meetings, determine action items, and execute without immediate supervision.
- Interpret written and oral communication to develop engaging design from initial concept through completion. Conceptualize, design rough drafts, and present ideas to seek feedback from key stakeholders. Obtain appropriate approvals throughout the process.
- Work collaboratively with marketing team, sales management, creative director, photography studio, etc.
- Coordinate with outside vendors, printers, etc, to complete projects.
- Stay current and up-to-date with the latest software and computer technologies.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining art folders and files, and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Must be capable of utilizing all supporting programs as a means of project management, communication, and task prioritization.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven marketing graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Personal accountability for time management, accuracy, and delivery of assigned tasks
- Ability to follow rules and guidelines
- Strong understanding of the printing process and specifications
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, deadline oriented
- The ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Collaborate as part of a team as well as cross-functionally
Minimum Education Required:
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related discipline
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (focus on Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is required.
- Understanding of Trello and/or other project management/collaboration tools is preferred.
NOTE: Demonstrated experience in Graphic Design may be substituted to meet the educational requirement.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to sit for up to ten (10) hours a day continuously and lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Not applicable for this position.
Benefits of Working for Primitives By Kathy:
- Fun product line from an established, but growing, woman-owned company. (In 2022, we are celebrating 25 years!)
- Generous employee discount when shopping at our Lancaster Cash & Carry Warehouse
- KPRIDE KCREW program - commitment to employee engagement, training, and development
- Earn extra PTO through volunteer opportunities with Kathy's Circle of Friends 501(c)(3) - www.KCOF.org
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K with match
- PTO, paid holidays, and your birthday off
- Life & AD&D Insurance, short term and long term disability
Primitives By Kathy
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Primitives By Kathy