Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service is hiring for the following position:
Project Manager - Technical
The role of the Project Manager – Technical is to manage the department as well as field services. Specifically, the Project Manager – Technical must understand the needs of the business and develop the team and tools to be able to manage the appropriate output of technical contact to support the business. Accountable in a collaborative manner to support the needs of the business defined by the business unit’s managers. Successful performance is measured by the level of support provided to the business.
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for developing and motivating the engineering and field service teams to fulfill their assigned tasks.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the engineering team.
- Create technical proposals.
- Manage the execution of engineering for contracts including equipment upgrades and engineering required to manufacture legacy equipment processed through SAP.
- Support Field Service Engineers.
- Manage the budget and cost control.
- Schedule all site service.
- Produce technical writing manuals.
- Work closely with Sales and Proposals.
- Turnkey requirements for Proposals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience is required.
- 10 plus years’ experience in heavy construction business with the following skills:
- Perform complex sit audits to develop base and/or installation design plans.
- Perform training of customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment.
- Complete and submit reports covering all job activities.
- Maintains complex tools, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
- Complete the planning and estimating of labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, transportation expenses and per diem rates to complete complex proposals.
- Review complex task plans, drawings and installation schematics and provide continual guidance throughout the duration of the project.
- Ability to use optical alignment equipment.
- Identify and resolve complex problems and applies problem solving skills to work through difficult problems.
- Ensure the preconditions for the execution of installations are fulfilled.
- Review the details planning prepared by the installation company.
- Check the packing notes for conformity with the bill of materials and notify. Managers of nonconformity.
- Physically present during the checking of package contents. Establish nonconformity and/or damage notifications.
- Supervise and oversee the execution of installation in terms of quantity and quality.
- Perform preliminary inspections jointly with installation companies.
- Arrange for execution of joint inspections with the customer.
- Up to 50% travel (maximum).
- Demonstrate and apply a broad knowledge of field specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Apply complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedure of particulate areas of specialization.
- Construction experience required.
- Proficient using Microsoft Products including MS Project
- Knowledge and understanding of Engineering and Technical drawings.
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.