PROCUREMENT / PURCHASING MANAGER
Purpose and Objective of the Position
This person is responsible to ensure that all materials required to build Prime’s product lines are ordered and in stock when needed to ensure a timely delivery of our products to our customers. This requires successful communication and coordination with sales, engineering and manufacturing departments. Prime’s products must be manufactured to excellent quality standards and meet our customers’ exacting requirements.
· Assist with special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Manage the warehouse and inventory.
- Allocate parts required for new jobs and spare parts.
- Procure parts through active quoting and supply chain management.
- Place necessary purchase orders.
- Maintain inventory levels to meet benchmarks.
- Add new assemblies and items to inventory database.
- Review ECRs for accuracy and updated BOMs in inventory database accordingly.
- Ensure inventory items in database match current part revision.
- Conduct cost analysis for new jobs.
- Identify opportunities to cut costs.
- Vet potential new vendors.
- Evaluate existing vendors for quality and on-time delivery.
- Identify replacements for newly obsolete components.
- Oversee the phase in/phase out process for components.
- Answer phone calls and assist with customer service as needed.
- Assist in developing and implementing procurement KPIs. Provide feedback weekly to the management team on performance to KPIs. Assist in investigating and providing monthly root cause analysis when KPIs are not met. Implement corrective actions.
Requirements / Qualifications
- High School Degree.
- Training in mechanical and/ or electrical engineering or engineering technology a plus.
- Reading of electrical schematics and mechanical drawings a plus.
- Proficiency in the following Software Programs a plus.
- Microsoft OFFICE: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Microsoft PROJECT
- 5+ years: Proven Ability to work well with others.
- 5+ years: Proven experience having regular contact and communications with Production Manager, other lead-persons and Engineers to plan, organize or evaluate resources necessary in the fulfillment of job duties.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with mechanical tools.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Action oriented.
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
- Works well with others. Maintains open communication channels with coworkers.
- Ability to handle sudden setbacks.
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause.
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility.
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization.
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks.
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help.
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals.
UNIQUE FEATURE OF PRIME
At Prime Systems, all personnel are valued and their contribution is vital. We work as a team to accomplish our goal, customer satisfaction!
Prime Systems, Inc. is located in Carol Stream, IL 60188.
Prime values each of our dedicated staff and, therefore, is pleased to offer a competitive starting wage and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical insurance, 401K retirement plan with company match, group life insurance, paid time off and paid holidays.
Prime is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by the law.