Prime Retail Service Chattanooga, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Learn Electrical Trades!
We are looking for an Electrician Helper to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions, blackouts, and repairing appliances.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Construct controllers and panels, using power drills, drill presses, taps, saws, and punches.
- Maintain tools, vehicles, and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
- Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective or worn parts, and reassemble equipment, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Solder electrical connections, using a soldering iron.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
- Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials using hoist, handline, or block and tackle
Immediate openings available now.
NOTE: The requirements listed above are essential functions of the job that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. We provide reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe in equal opportunities for all in the workplace. This is one of our nation's most cherished and hard-fought values, and it gives applicants and employees a fair shot to reach their highest aspirations. We ensure that no applicant or employee is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, performance reviews, promotions, training, and career development programs. We will continue to provide reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities, and for religious observances and practices. And we will protect the right of employees and applicants to report incidents of illegal discrimination or harassment without fear of retaliation.
*** This job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required for this job, but more of a general nature.
Employee may be asked to perform duties not listed, as required by business
needs. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
does not directly supervise others. The position provides subject matter
expertise and training for Electrician in accordance with company policies,
procedures, and applicable laws.
Prime Retail Service
ConstructionView all jobs at Prime Retail Service