Lead Calibration Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
PRI is seeking a full-time Lead Calibration Technician to breakdown, setup, and calibrate laboratory equipment. The candidate will lead the set up and adjustment of laboratory apparatuses to include experiment tables at the request of scientists and engineers supporting the Logistics Material Control Activity at the Air Force Research Laboratory, Kirtland, AFB, NM. Personnel will perform a variety of activities including, but not limited to, the service functions listed below.
- Perform inspections and resolve discrepancies in locally developed laboratory operations and AF safety checklists.
- Perform laboratory maintenance/materiel management support tasks per AFRLI 21-101 and AFRLI 23-141.
- Operate and maintain basic laboratory machinery (e.g., laser chillers, clean room systems, vacuum pumps, generators, vacuum chambers, ovens, air compressors, etc.).
- Assist with field testing operations, test asset movement/positioning, and coordinate transportation requirements to/from the test ranges (on and off Kirtland AFB NM).
- Operate select government motor vehicles/forklifts as necessary to meet mission requirements.
- Perform required inspections, cleaning and basic servicing, and arrange for maintenance actions on Air Force owned/leased vehicles and equipment items [trailers/Other Government Motor Vehicle Conveyances (OGMVCs); total 56] per local policy and as directed by the PRS VCO.
- Manage laboratory equipment, stock and components (to include equipment/IT custodian and facility manager duties).
- Manage hazardous communication and waste programs per OSHA and AF policies, including the Kirtland AFB Hazardous Waste Management Plan.
PRI understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated.
PRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
- Must have an active secret clearance or the ability to receive and maintain an active clearance.
Prime Response Inc.
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?