Electrical Controls Engineer
- $75,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Medical , Dental , Retirement
Provide electrical design and direction relating to manufacturing and service support of various types of test systems.
- Actively participates in new equipment design and automation:
- Works with mechanical engineers in conceptual design of equipment.
- Develop and/or direct IO schematics, bills of material and panel build drawings.
- Generates field wiring drawings.
- Actively specifies and manages new machine electrical needs:
- Works with mechanicals to develop capacity needs and generates one-line drawings.
- Assists in analyzing and recommending equipment from an electrical perspective to the project group. Both hardware and software.
- Provides leadership to service electrical maintenance for difficult troubleshoots.
- Travel nationally and internationally as required.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or higher education
Minium 5 years’ combined experience electro/mechanical power and control.
Proficient in CAD.
MS Word, Excel, MS Project.
Moderate (15% to 20%) foreign and domestic travel.
Able to design and develop diagrams, write programs, and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
Machine control (Core experience required)
Design and develop machine control schematics and wiring diagrams.
AC and DC motor drive applications, tuning, programming, and trouble shooting.
Control panel layout and design
PLC logic and programming
Power distribution (Experience and familiarity a plus)
Design and develop one-line diagrams.
Create load calculation, short circuit and voltage drop analysis.
Knowledge of circuit over-load protection, wire/conduit/cable tray sizing
Experience with power panels and switchboards
Experience working with outside contractors.
Knowledge of NEC and OSHA requirements.
Specific Job Skills/Experience Preferences
- Siemens Simatic STEP 7 Portal
- Siemens Win CC Flexible Portal
Variable Frequency Drives:
- Dental and health benefits, paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) with match
- Profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Prime ONE Contracting offers a fun, supportive working environment surrounded by dedicated professionals.
Prime ONE Contracting is a independent company and a leading supplier in the fields of engine test systems, driveline test systems, brake test systems, wind tunnel balances and emissions test systems. More than just a leading supplier of emissions and e-mobility testing systems, POC/AIP is able to provide total solutions to its customers, with full turnkey capability. We are seeking a career-minded individual to work out of our Grand Rapids Mi office.
Prime ONE Contracting
4600 DANVERS DR SEGrand Rapids, MI
Get fresh Electrical Controls Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.