Field Service Logistics Technician
- $60,000 to $64,000 Yearly
- Medical , Dental
Our client, a leader in transportation services is seeking a Field Services Logistics Technician responsible for ensuring day-to-day service needs are met for assigned customers and geographic territories. The right candidate for this position will maintain, monitor, and control all inventory, shipping, receiving packaging and warehouse activities including supporting on-site installations, upgrades, remedial activities, and preventative maintenance. They will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery process.
Coordination of basic logistic activities
- Operate forklift & pallet jacks when required to Load/Unload trucks
- Coordinate shipping, receiving & storage of products (local and internationally)
- Order fulfilment, pick and pack materials and products
- Maintains warehouse, organize incoming / outgoing inventory stock, in local and international software systems, following FIFO and other inventory procedures
- Inspect and verify all delivered products, materials and equipment
- Local delivery of parts to customers
- Ensure compliance of safety procedures and practices in warehouse operations, maintaining a safe and clean work environment
System installations, including system hardware, electrical connection s and sub-assemblies (parts).
- Setting up equipment and components
- Performing site inspections of installations
- Providing commissioning support both pre-installation and post-installation
- Supervising, participating in and reporting on tests performed in the field
- Providing warranty and post-warranty support
Perform quality checks and full functionality tests on all systems.
- Supervising and/or performing all tests required by contract
- Scheduling and/or performing preventative maintenance work
- Providing documentation and logs of all preventative work
Repair, troubleshoot, modify and test equipment.
- Repairing subassemblies at a workbench
- Scheduling maintenance work
- Tracking defective parts, shipments and repairs
- Performing upgrades on equipment
- Preparing repair reports
- Providing extensive quality support during all phases of device testing
- Provide coaching and support for customer personnel.
- Introducing the customer to the organization’s offerings which can improve efficiencies and operations
- Supporting staff on both the use and functions of all equipment
- Demonstrating recommended maintenance procedures using hands-on methodology
- Provide on-call support as required
- Covering scheduled on-call rotations providing on-site emergency service with short notice
- Responding to customer troubleshooting calls
Maintain accurate, ethical reporting of appropriate business documents.
- Updating service delivery systems as required
- Service activity follow-up
- Activity-based time reporting
- Timely completion of installation and related reports
- Managing email communications
- Timely and accurate submission of expense
- Must always maintain a valid G driver's license per the company policy
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 Years or more relevant experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electromechanical equipment
- Experience in warehouse administration
- Forklift certification and experience
- Has the ability to stand, squat and bend for prolonged period of time
- Proficient in handling small parts and tools
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites within the assigned local territory, as well as 20% or more of their time to travel in support of projects outside their assigned territory.
- Full-time, Permanent
- Competitive salary plus bonus, RRSP matching contribution
At Prime Hires our mandate is simple – provide top-tier talent to our clients and unsurpassed career opportunities to our candidates.
At Prime Hires our mandate is simple – provide top-tier talent to our clients and unsurpassed career opportunities to our candidates while ensuring the best fit for both. We are perfectionists who excel at working to ensure we have a perfect match. With experience spanning almost 3 decades and offices across North America, we have built our reputation on the strong relationships and trust of our clients and candidates. Our expertise is in Temporary, Contract and Permanent placements in Finance, Accounting, Administrative & Clerical, Office Operations, Contact Centre, and Technology.
Prime HiresKitchener, ON
Get fresh Field Service Logistics Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.