Automotive Service Technician / Mechanic
Compensation commensurate with experience
Prime Ford of Auburn has immediate employment opportunities available for Factory Trained/ASE Certified Automotive Technicians.
About us: Prime Ford of Auburn is proud to be part of the reputable Prime Motor Group. Prime Motor Group has grown from 12 dealerships in 2007 to 30+ today; thus becoming one of the largest dealer groups in the U.S. In that time, Prime has been awarded top dealer distinction from Acura, Audi, Buick, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen, as well as 2 of the top 100 dealerships to work for the last 3 years.
Prime is always on the lookout for the brightest and the best to add to our ever-expanding team. Our growing service department is searching for new talent, Technicians with a strong work ethic and a professional approach to customer satisfaction. Last year our average Service Technicians made $60,000 and our top earners made over $100,000.
Essential duties include the following:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines the assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Maintain neat appearance, wears company-issued apparel.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
"A" or “B” Level Technicians:
- ASE Certified and 3-7 years’ experience in the repair of engines, automatic and manual transmissions, suspension systems, brakes, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, and all general/major performance issues.
- Ford brand experience preferred but not required.
- High school diploma / Industry certification equivalent required.
- The ability to assist other technicians with problems and difficult situations, and the enforcement of safety procedures.
- Professional work ethic and appearance.
- Ability to bend, move, lift and physically perform duties in the scope of this position.
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check, DMV screen, and drug screen
- Must have own tools.
- Brand new state of the art facility
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Flexible work schedule
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with generous match
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Volunteer time off
- Discount for Automotive Purchases + Parts and Service Program
- The opportunity to work for a progressive, forward-thinking organization