We are a large play-based Preschool and Infant Center in Ventura County providing a wide range of hands-on activities and learning in a developmentally appropriate setting.
We are searching for a dynamic Director who is experienced, energetic and passionate to join our team. The Director must be well-organized with excellent time management skills and outstanding staff and family relations.
The Director will oversee a high-quality program emphasizing social-emotional skills of the children, arts, math and the sciences and is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the school. The Director will ensure appropriate child enrollment and establish a close relationship with staff including supervising, working with,
in-service trainings and hiring. Guides staff on appropriate techniques with children, parents and curriculum.
Should have a passion for working with children as well as strong leadership skills.
Professionalism, communication and flexibility are key words for this position.
· Provide leadership, direction and guidance to all personnel
· Train, supervise and evaluate personnel
· Engage in observation and feedback for all teaching staff
· Efficiency in follow through and attention to detail
· Excellent ability to prioritize, plan, adapt and meet deadlines
· Maintain all records and files necessary to comply with state licensing
· Ensure the school is presentable and is a welcoming environment
Job Qualifications and Requirement:
· A.A in Early Childhood Education and 4 years’ experience in a childcare center.
· B/A in Early Childhood Education and 2 years’ experience in a childcare center.
· B/A in another field and 12 core units plus 8 in administration in Early Childhood Education and 2 years’ experience in a childcare center.
· Excellent knowledge of Title 22
· Classroom Experience
· CPR/First Aid Certified Skills
· Excellent written and spoken communication
· Managing people
· High levels of professionalism, standards, dependable, commitment, motivation, energy and enthusiasm
· Demonstrate responsiveness and sensitivity to the needs of children, families and staff
· An advocate of professional development and teamwork
· Be a self-starter and have the ability to think creatively to solve problems
· Success in recruiting, training and retaining staff
· Highly effective organizational, time management and multitasking skills
· Excellent customer service
Compensation and Benefits Include:
· Health insurance
· Childcare tuition benefits
· Paid vacation
· Employee referral incentive
· Performance based bonuses