Clinic Office Specialist II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus. See details in the Compensation & Benefits section of this posting.**
This position is a full-time float position, primarily for PHC medical & dental clinics in Marshalltown and Ames, but may be asked to float to any PHC location. The position will typically spend approximately 24 hours per week in Marshalltown and 16 hours per week in Ames. This will fluctuate depending on clinic needs.
The Clinic Office Specialist II is responsible for providing excellent customer service in PHC medical and dental clinics while delivering quality patient registration, scheduling, and payment handling processes. This position will be responsible for performing their responsibilities for both medical and dental patients, working in multiple electronic health records and/or electronic scheduling systems, and scheduling for all appointment types. Coordinates with PHC team members to provide positive service experiences for patients.
- Actively monitors patient schedules in the medical and dental scheduling system to ensure optimization:
- Accurately schedules patient appointments for medical and dental clinics. Proactively identifies and corrects inaccuracies.
- Contacts patients due for recalls to assist in filling the schedule.
- Offers appropriate resources to assist patients in overcoming barriers in making or keeping their appointment (e.g., telehealth, referral to family support workers).
- Ensures a consistent revenue cycle process in medical and dental clinics:
- Completes accurate registration per the medical and dental clinic patient registration workflows.
- Collects and records patient payments at time of service.
- Manages assigned cash box per the Front Office Collections Workflow and Money Handling Expectations
- Refers patients to Health Benefit Specialists when appropriate.
- Scans all acquired patient documentation and accurately indexes into electronic health records.
- Creates a positive customer experience for internal and external customers.
- Offers prompt and friendly service to those entering the building, calling on the phone, or through electronic messages in a professional and timely manner to ensure their needs are met.
- Accurately documents messages and communicates to the appropriate individual.
- Maintains visitor log. Provides and collects visitor badges.
- Ensures the reception area and waiting room is clean and tidy.
- Completes assigned internal and/or external referrals.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Two years in a healthcare environment or three years in a customer service role
License/Certifications: None required
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective English communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to think critically to effectively resolve problems
- Contributes to a team approach to care
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to count money and make change
- Accurate and efficient typing skills
- Efficiently performs basic computer functions, internet navigation, and email
- Demonstrates attention to detail in work
- Prioritizes assigned work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a diverse group of individuals
- Interacts with others in an empathetic manner while maintaining professional boundaries
- Remains calm and works through difficult interactions
Other Job Requirements: Must be 18 years of age
Education: College diploma or degree in a related field
Experience: Work experience in a community health center, medical or dental clinic, or in the essential functions of the position
License/Certifications: Not applicable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Effective Spanish communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to effectively use patient registration systems and electronic health records
- Ability to use multiline telephone system
- Knowledge of clinical terminology
- Knowledge of health insurance
Typical Work Hours
This position typically works 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8 AM - 4:30 PM with occasional evenings required. Schedule is not guaranteed and may change based on clinic needs.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent on education and experience.
PHC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- $2,000 sign-on bonus ($1000 at hire, $500 at 6 months, $500 at 1 year). Internal candidates are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
- Qualified individuals are eligible for up to a $500 quarterly retention bonus as part of special funding through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Bonuses are time limited through the Spring of 2023.
- Generous PTO accrual (equal to 4 weeks at end of 1st year) plus paid holidays
- License/certification fee reimbursement
- Paid time off for continuing education & continuing education reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Medical insurance - PHC Pays, on average, 80% of medical premiums for all plan types (employee, employee + family, etc.)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Supplemental accident & critical illness insurance
- Discounts on pet insurance
Visit www.phciowa.org/careers for a summary of PHC’s benefits.
Primary Health Care Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Primary Health Care Inc
Get fresh Benefits And Compensation Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.