Behavioral Health Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
Primary Health Care, Inc. is seeking masters level Behavioral Health clinicians who are advocates for equity in healthcare! Our Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) works as part of a multidisciplinary team providing assessment and treatment of mental health concerns in a primary care setting. BHCs provide brief interventions and have long term relationships with patients and their families over time. BHCs work with diverse populations; many languages are spoken (with interpretation provided) and many cultures are served. BHCs have the ability to be creative! We value our clinicians thinking outside of the box to meet patient needs and address population health! Want to lead a group, pilot a passion project that will better meet the needs of the patients we serve? We are happy to support your ideas! Our Behavioral Health team has longevity at the organization and range of professional and clinical experience. We provide many internal trainings on best practices in the field and offer some awesome benefits including a generous CEU package; 40 hours and $1,500 each year to continue skill growth (CEU is prorated based on FTE (full-time equivalent)).Job Summary
Behavioral Health Consultant is responsible for (under supervision of the Behavioral Health Program Clinical Director (BHPCD) and in compliance with Primary Health Care, Inc. and regulatory standards, policies and procedures) collaborating as part of an integrated model with the Primary Care medical provider and multidisciplinary team to address mental health and behavioral health needs of our patient population. Responsibilities include providing brief targeted therapy, assessment and behavioral interventions with children, teens, adults and families, and making referrals when necessary. BHC works in the primary care setting directly with the medical provider team to address the psychosocial aspects of patients’ health and may provide services off site if needed.Essential Functions
- As a collaborator with PHC medical providers, ensures delivery of comprehensive clinical services to primary care patients that target interventions to improve patient functioning, behavior and clinical outcomes.
- Actively engaged in flow of clinic/setting and seeking referrals, advocating for Primary Care Behavioral Health, providing access to patients.
- Responds to the referring Provider’s referral concern or question and provides timely, focused feedback in both written and verbal form.
- Identifies and evaluates health risk behavior(s) and provides brief, targeted interventions to support optimum mental, behavioral, emotional and physical health, in accordance with the preferred care model at PHC sites. Making referrals for community mental health resources as appropriate.
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of services provided in accordance with standards set by PHC and grant requirements. May include maintenance of various management databases.
- Works cooperatively with clinic staff to provide patients with referrals for appropriate specialty
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge base of behavioral health clinical standards.
- Provides clinical consultation and educational programs on behavioral health related topics to staff, students, consumer, and other agencies as requested.
- Participates in clinic and performance improvement meetings as well as in-service training opportunities.
Education: Graduate of a Masters level Social Work, Psychology, Marital and Family Therapy, Clinical Mental Health Counseling or related clinical field.
Experience: No minimum experience required.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Social Worker (LISW, LMSW), Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Marital and Family Therapist (T-LMFT, LMFT) from the State of Iowa.
- *Current Mandatory Reporter Training: Child and Dependent Adult Abuse recognized by the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- *Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers Certification recognized by the American Heart Association.
* Must be obtained with Introductory Period if not current.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Proficiency in operating a computer and ability to learn and use computer applications.
- Ability to collaborate effectively on patient care plans with primary care Providers.
- Knowledge of third party payers and associated regulations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Able to de-escalate difficult situations.
- Stress tolerance.
Other Job Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Education: Doctor of Psychology.
- Community Health Center experience.
- Previous clinical experience.
- Experience working with indigent populations.
- Experience working with clients who need assistance relating to domestic violence, mental health, chemical dependency, homelessness, or crisis intervention.
License/Certifications: CADC, IADC, tCADC
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Billingual, verbal and written language proficiency; English/Spanish.
Typical Work Hours
This position typically works 40 hours per week.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent on education and experience.
PHC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Qualified individuals are eligible for up to a $500 quarterly retention bonus as part of special funding through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Bonuses are time limited through the Spring of 2023.
- Eligible for loan repayment through HRSA (application approval required)
- Generous PTO accrual (equal to 5 weeks at end of 1st year) plus paid holidays
- License/certification fee reimbursement
- Paid time off for continuing education & continuing education reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Medical insurance - PHC Pays, on average, 80% of medical premiums for all plan types (employee, employee + family, etc.)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Supplemental accident & critical illness insurance
- Discounts on pet insurance
Visit www.phciowa.org/careers for a summary of PHC’s benefits.
Primary Health Care Inc
AddressDes Moines, IA
HealthcareView all jobs at Primary Health Care Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?