The primary function is to assist the physician in providing medical care. Ideal candidates are certified Medical Assistants with versatility to cross train as receptionists.
- Mastery of basic clinical activities: checking in patients, taking vital signs, review of medication lists, assisting with stocking medical supplies, pharmacy audits
- Good communication and customer service skills for front desk support in answering phones and receiving patients
- Strong computer literacy to operate applications (i.e. Lytec, Practice Fusion, Microsoft Office Suite), payment collection and logging, insurance verification as well as common network support functions.
- Quick assimilation to office procedures and best practices
- Ability to learn and master advanced medical laboratory such as EKGs, Spirometry, and subcutaneous injections
- Completion of Certified Medical Assistiant Program
- Three years experience providing or assisting in direct patient care