Quality Assurance Technician - PM shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Primal Pet Group includes manufacturers of fully prepared, human-grade raw foods, treats, and supplements for dogs and cats. The Primal Pet Group was founded with the goal of improving the quality of life and overall health and happiness of pets through wholesome raw foods that mimic the diet of animals in the wild. We are looking for reliable, motivated, pet companions to join our fast-paced, growing Primal Pet Team!
Tuesday to Saturday from 2pm-10:30pm
Plus we offer shift differential
+$1.00/hr 2nd shift
+$1.25/hr 3rd shift
This position is responsible for performing QA activities that ensure consistent food safety and product quality of all Primal Pet Foods products produced. Inspects products within the Production Facility to ensure high quality and compliance with company standards and procedures. Must be able to rotate between all production lines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Visually inspect the packaging, coding of finished products
- Takes weights of the finished product
- Verifies the quality of the product
- Collects samples from all operating lines for each batch
- Perform hourly line checks
- Verify the ingredients used in production
- Conduct and document audits
- Responds appropriately to Quality issues
- Review all HACCP Critical Control Points (CCP’s) to ensure compliance.
- Perform direct observations
- Be a proactive participant in identifying potential issues in all phases of operations.
- Develop and maintain lines of communication between QA, production, and management to ensure that all are kept informed of issues found, corrective actions are taken, and any changes that have taken place.
- Hands-on involvement in all Food Safety/Quality problems that arise during shift and developing appropriate solutions and corrective/preventative actions.
- Perform QA activities that ensure consistent food safety and product quality of all Primal Pet Foods products produced.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school equivalency required. College coursework in Food Safety or related field preferred
- 1 year of experience as a Quality technician; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide and understand percentages. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement and quantity measurements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be punctual and regular attendance is required.
- Experience with high-speed packaging and filling equipment required. Strong troubleshooting and basic mechanical skills are required.
- Food industry experience and knowledge of GMP’s are a must.
While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand and walk; use hands to feel; and reach with arms. Occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. Required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance. Additionally, you must be able to lift and or move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision. You will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer great benefits and perks
Paid Time off including Vacation and Sick time!
Paid Company Holidays each year
Affordable medical insurance, including options with Kaiser, and more!
Competitive dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. Plus, discounted pet insurance!
401k with company match up to 4%
Free Primal products for your pet
Internal Career opportunities, training, and much more!
Primal Pet Group is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Primal Pet Foods, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Primal Pet Foods, Inc.