Registered Nurse - Vascular
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, Per Diem
The Vascular Nurse will be responsible for nursing care of patients who have chronic vascular diseases seen in outpatient medical offices. The nurse will be responsible for assisting the physician with treatment, minor surgical procedures, and administering medications.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide education and support to patients about proper care for the insertion site of catheter in order to avoid infection or other complications
· Administer medications, start IVs, draw blood and other procedures as directed by physicians
· Perform daily tasks such as cleaning equipment and monitor patient vitals
· Record patient vitals and progress notes on a regular basis
· Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment and medications required for treatments and procedures
· Observe patients for signs of infection or other complications related to their vascular access device
· Provide emotional support to patients and their families during treatments or procedures
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong understanding of vascular access procedures and the anatomy of the vascular system
· Must be able to prioritize
· Possess good dexterity in order to perform procedures and draw blood
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing
· Certification in basic life support (BLS)
· Certification in advanced life support (ACLS)
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
· 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans
· Paid Time Off
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.
289 Pleasant StreetFall River, MA
Get fresh Vascular Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.