Positon: Medical Assistant – Allergy Division
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time
Prima Care, P.C. has an opening for a full-time Medical Assistant in the Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology division. The practice is seeking an individual who is able to work in a busy and fast paced office environment. Essential functions and duties include:
· Administering allergy shots, biological injections, and Spirometry testing
· Mixing Allergens
· Clinical duties including taking and recording vital signs with efficiency and obtaining medical history.
· Clerical duties including answering phones, triaging, and processing prior authorizations for medication.
· Assisting and responding promptly if a patient has a reaction.
· Keeping supplies in stock including vials and medications and knowing when to order.
· Maintaining a neat and clean work space.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
· Must have a willingness to learn and work as a team player.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must portray a high level of professionalism.
· Must be reliable with excellent attendance and punctuality.
· Proven working experience as a Medical Assistant.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.