Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Prima-CARE, P.C. is seeking a highly skilled, experienced licensed practical nurse (LPN) to join our Endocrinology team. The candidate will care for patients and tend to their general comfort and well-being. A compassionate attitude, coupled with impeccable bedside manner and an ability to work in a fast-past environment. Duties and responsibilities include:
· Collect, track, and maintain patient history; record any new data
· Take vitals, including blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, etc.
· Administer medication, including some injections if state-certification allows; monitor medication doses and patient response
· Assist patients with personal hygiene
· Collect specimens; deliver them to proper department
· Provide emotional support to patients and patients’ families; listen to concerns and feedback
· Report any unusual or drastic changes in patient behavior/symptoms; seek help from superiors when needed
· Ensure rooms are kept clean and sterile
· Follow state and federal mandated standards and procedures
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Completed state-approved LPN education program; current LPN license to practice
· Valid CPR certification
· Previous clinical and/or healthcare experience
· Understanding of healthcare state standards and procedures
· High level of patience, empathy and compassion
· Excellent observation skills with high attention to detail
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
· Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures
· Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the practice
· Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: direct nursing care, nursing leadership, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
· Maintains professional working relationships with all associates
· Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
· Must be able to knowledgeably and competently deliver quality nursing care to patients
· Must be able to evaluate patient needs through ongoing assessment and revise care plans based on changes in patient's condition
· Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
· Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
· Must demonstrate dependability and regular attendance
· Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.
289 Pleasant StreetFall River, MA
HealthcareView all jobs at Prima CARE
Get fresh Part Time Snap Nurse LPN jobs daily straight to your inbox!