The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) reports to the CFO and is responsible for overseeing the budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, strategic business analysis and management reporting processes. The Director of FP&A is responsible for implementing and maintaining processes to effectively understand the drivers of the business and to report the financial performance compared to budget, forecast and prior year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the FP&A activities, which includes annual budgets, monthly and quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors, strategic plans, margin analysis by ranch block, commodity and variety, and other strategic analysis to support senior management and their functions
- Design, develop, implement, and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and analysis in high growth business
- Develop and implement systems and process to drive the reporting and analysis needs of the business Build detailed financial models and dashboards that track and analyze key business drivers and trends; report key metrics in a manner that is easily digestible by management and investors
- Analyze detailed financial information along with current and past trends in key performance indicators to provide accurate and timely financial and operational recommendations for decision-making purposes
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances while partnering with department heads on action plans to manage budgets
- Partner with Controller and Director of Treasury to create an overall high-performance finance and accounting team
- Provide support for activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties, external and internal audits and other compliance-related activities
- Ensure that the FP&A team is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for the continued development of these associates.
- Will have direct management responsibility of the FP&A team (TBD on number to team members), including performance appraisals and continuous feedback, career development plans and on-the-job skill development
Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Business Acumen- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Business Alignment- Aligns the direction, products, and performance of a business line with the rest of the organization.
Strategic Thinking- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with CPA certification or MBA or comparable.
- 5 - 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
- Prior management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Ability to develop and implement tools and processes while managing through significant change.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and management reporting including KPI’s.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
- Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Supervisory Responsibilities: FP&A team
- Status: Exempt
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to a typical office environment—prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. However, employee is expected to travel to different locations (within 50-mile radius distance from primary location) to interact with employees in multiple processes.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years