Architectural/Engineering Contract Specialist
PrimCorp Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PrimCorp is seeking to fill a Contract Specialist Mid-Level to support the United States Coast Guard’s Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center (SILC) contracting office. The candidate will be responsible for federal contracting actions during all phases of the acquisition life cycle include pre-planning, pre-award, post-award, administration, payment review and close out of contracts in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations and USCG policies. The position is located at the USCG Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center (SILC), Seattle, WA 98174. Telework may be authorized 3 days a week.
The Contract Specialist duties include:
· Gather and synthesize information from a breadth of subject matter experts including engineers, environmentalists, project officers, branch chiefs and evolving regulatory guidelines to draft, review, monitor, evaluate and finalize concisely written documents for assigned contract actions and special projects as appointed.
· Draft, edit, and finalize required acquisition documents for Contracting Officer signature including justifications for sole source procurements and recommended contract changes.
· Engage with USCG customers, members of the USCG Civil Engineering Units, cross-agency team members, field personnel, Contracting Offer’s Representatives, project officers and subject matter experts.
· Participate in meetings with groups such as the USCG SILC contracting team, Various CEU environmental program team, all-hands meetings, and customer kick-off conferences as assigned.
· Participate in site visits as required.
· Be responsive to diverse and sometimes urgent deadlines, data calls and target goals.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· U.S. citizen
· Three (3) to five (5) years of contract specialist work experience based on the experience in services and architect-engineering contracting. Experience may be time spent on the job in either the private or public sector which reflects the accumulation of knowledge, skills and abilities during years of progressively responsible work assignments in a contract administrator role.
· Familiar with different federal contract types.
· Understanding of the federal acquisition process, Federal Acquisition Regulations, statutes, and policies.
· Possess sufficient knowledge of concepts, standards, analytical and evaluation methods.
· Working knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Proficiency in IBM compatible PC, related peripherals, and operating system enhancements.
· Proficiency in utilizing Acrobat™ software for converting documents to electronic format.
· Self-motivated, willing to learn, takes initiative
· Excellent writing skills a must
· Experience with federal contracts for services and/or architect-engineering services from a federal contracting position (1102 career field) for both pre and post-award activities
· Experience with environmental engineering services contracting from a federal contracting position for both pre and post-award activities
· DAWIA Level II or FAC-C Level II certification (Candidates with extensive federal contracting experience (10 years or more) within the USCG and construction, A/E, and engineering type contracts may be considered without certification)
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred. (Candidates with extensive federal contracting experience (10 years or more) within the USCG and construction, A/E, and engineering type contracts may be considered without degree)
· At a minimum, a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) and a favorable completion of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint check, or a higher-level security clearance
PrimCorp, LLC was founded in 2011 and located in the National Capital Region. We are an award-winning Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) certified and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business certified through the Department of Veteran Affairs, Center for Verification and Evaluation.