Primary Purpose of Position:
Priestly Demolition Inc. (PDI) is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about the demolition industry with more than 3 years of supporting Project Managers in the delivery of demolition/construction projects. The position is located in Fairfax, Virginia, U.S.A.
In this position, the Operations Coordinator (PC) is an integral member of the project team responsible for assisting in delivering safe demolition projects of varying size and complexity. The PC is responsible for coordinating, organizing, and controlling project administrative activities, supporting with project health & safety initiatives and general office coordination. This roles report into the Project Manager.
Priestly’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, collaboration and then skills. Here is what we look for:
PDI is founded on key values that drive what we do for our clients and for each other. At the core, we understand the value of people, and we encourage a culture of safety, hard work, quality, and teamwork supported by a solid family foundation.
Our core values are extremely important to us. Are they aligned with yours?
- Family - We are one family, one community, and we believe in treating each other with trust, respect, and courtesy. This is truly the foundation of our success.
- Safety - We hold Safety as the core value upon which all of our projects and business planning is based. No job is so important that it cannot be done safely.
- Integrity - We make all business decisions and conduct all business operations with the utmost integrity and professionalism. We are accountable to one another, to our clients, to our partners, and to our community.
- Innovation - We embrace life-long learning, staying ahead of the curve, and thinking outside of the box. We will always strive to have the best technology, equipment, and people in the industry.
This means being people smart and championing being a team player. We encourage teamwork and respect, help develop individual strengths, and recognize the contribution our people make to our success. We are always seeking better and more innovative ways to renew communities by clearing the way for new development, and by playing the role of environmental stewards.
· Assist with determination of project requirements for start-up, progression and close-out
· Assist the PM in the drafting and issuance of budgets, cash flows, and preliminary schedules
· Review the progress of work being performed onsite by labour and equipment submitted by Foremen daily
· Apply for permits as needed
· Administrate B2W and Viewpoint to support project cost tracking
· Develop Waste Audits and Waste Reduction Work Plans As per Ontario Regulation 102/94
· Prepare BlackBox to be distributed to the job site
· Support client relationship by Effectively and accurately communicating relevant project information to the client and project team
· Administrate contract changes
· Aid Project Manager in creating Project Budgets and schedules
· ensure all costs are accurately reported
· Keep the PM, and Senior Project Lead informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations, completion dates, and project budget
· Responsible and held accountable to supporting with the financial success of teams projects, abiding by the company rule of 20/10/10
· Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
· Track progress of projects by verifying production reported by the foreman with the project drawings.
· Manage project documentation - i.e. contracts/drawings/specs - and ensure documents are complete and up to date
· Assist the PM in the review of subcontractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval
· Issue Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
· Price Time and Material (Work Authorization) forms according to posted PDI price list.
· Track & manage change orders
· Assist in monthly progress billing and ensure invoices are submitted for ongoing projects every month
· Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained
· Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
Project Compliance and Controls
· Code trucking tickets and other receipts / invoices to be costed to the job
· Review production accounts and complete takeoffs
Health & Safety Coordination
• Promote and foster with all personnel, the attitude that Health & Safety first is paramount in everything we do
• Coordinate and conduct formal Health & Safety orientations, work site inspections, accident/injury reports and train the trainer Health & Safety talks pertaining to the designated functional area
• Apply client safety standards and protocols
• Reporting safety performance to internal and external clients
• Support project management team with all safety related processes associated with their projects.
• Organize and conduct training programs including, but not limited to: Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid
• Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to Health & Safety procedures and programs and escalate issues to resolution as required
• Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them
• Ensure timely completion of accident/injury reporting
• Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures
· Support HR with setting up interviews and onboarding new hires
· Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations
· Monitors email boxes and respond to queries
· Completes other tasks as requested
· College, University or equivalent degree in a related discipline (i.e. Construction/Project Management/Health & Safety)
· 3+ years’ experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery of Demolition/ Construction projects
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Demonstrated willingness to be adaptable and flexible to changing priorities
· Familiarity with demolition methods and legislation
· Strong preference will be given to candidates with Viewpoint and B2W One Suite construction software experience
· Familiarity with Bluebeam Revu, and Primavera P6 is preferred
· Experience in the areas of OSHA compliance and reporting in construction, industrial and mining workplaces, Workers compensation, Workplace Hazard Identification/Elimination, Health & Safety Claims Management, and health promotion activities
· Demonstrated Experienced in:
o Auditing worksites
o Accident investigation
o Developing and implementing policies and programs
o Delivering training
· Assisting with Worker Compensations claims
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work flexible schedule as projects require including some weekend, early morning/evening hours.
· Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives
- Manual dexterity required.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Sitting, standing, bending and walking.
- Repetitive work.
- Overtime may be required.
The PC will conduct their daily activities in the office and attend to issues on-site/out of the office as per Health & Safety requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Priestly Demolition is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest; however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please continue to check for current opportunities.
Priestly Demolition IncPDI is founded on key values that drive what we do for our clients and for each other. At the core, we understand the value of people, and we encourage a culture of safety, hard work, quality, and teamwork supported by a solid family foundation.