JOB TITLE: Room Attendant
Reports to: Housekeeping Supervisor/Assist. Executive Housekeeper/Executive Housekeeper
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE: The room attendant effectively and efficiently insures proper cleanliness of all guest rooms, corridors, service areas and linen closets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ensures that all areas of the hotel are properly cleaned and ready for guests’ arrival.
- Anticipates and assesses guests’ needs and responds in a courteous and professional manner.
- Vacuuming and sweeping carpets and floors.
- Mopping floors as needed.
- Dusting, brushing, polishing and vacuuming furniture.
- Dusting and cleaning room decorations, appliances and structural surfaces (e.g. wall fixtures, window sills, vents).
- Changing linen and making beds.
- Cleaning showers, tubs, sinks and bathroom items
- Removing used guest amenities and trash.
- Replenishing guest amenities and supplies.
- Inspecting rooms for safety hazards and for the operating condition of equipment and reporting same to
- Checking for damage linen
- Reports lost and found articles, maintenance problems, or special room problems to the housekeeping supervisor or manager.
- Properly maintains storage rooms and stocking carts.
- Records room status on work assignment sheet.
- Provides information to guest about hotel services, facilities, and other amenities.
- Provides information to guests about local attractions/services.
- Prepares rooms for guest arrival and responding to special guest requests.
- Takes PRIDE in everything we do.
- Takes OWNERSHIP of their actions and decisions.
- Displays LEADERSHIP in our industry and our community.
- Acts with INTERGIRTY by being honest, trustworthy and doing the right thing.
- Displays TEAMWORK by committing to common goals based on open and honest communication.
- Delivers EXCELLENCE to our guests, our communities and to each other.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCAITON LEVELS: High School or GED required. Six months experience in related field. Able to understand English and to follow simple verbal instructions. Able to read and understand chemical labels. Prior experience in a fast paced, customer service/hospitality industry is preferred. Must have knowledge of cleaning products.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Learns quickly. Safety-minded. High quality standards for production and service. Courteous and friendly manner. Good team player. Customer service focus. Able to work productively with little supervision. Trustworthy and reliable. Must have organizational, problem solving and time management skills. Must have a personable, friendly and enthusiastic personality. Must show versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Spends approximately equal amounts of time in/outdoors. Bi-level structures. Extensive facility. Indoor: temperature-controlled, clean, and well-lighted offices, guest rooms, and public areas. Outdoors: May be exposed to weather conditions in uncovered areas. May work on wet concrete and uneven tile. Moderate exposure to hazardous substances and fumes. Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Stands and walks short to moderate distances through shift. Bends, stoops, and reaches to perform routine job tasks. Routinely required to handle and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. over moderate distances. Often required to move objects weighing up to 250lbs. over short distances, using appropriate hand trucks and carts. Flexibility and good reflexes required, if needed to operate electric cart. Frequent use of stairs, daily.
IMPACT OF DECISION: Decisions directly impact the hotel’s ability to provide guests with attractive, clean, and hygienic public areas. Poor decisions may result in guest dissatisfaction and loss of revenues, due to inefficient or improper work, unsafe work practices, or improperly handled customer service situations.
GENERAL: Must comply with the Company’s Appearance and Dress Code policy as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: This position is classified as non-exempt and, upon completion of the Introductory Period, the employee is eligible for the Employee Benefits outlined in the Employee Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the company reserves the right to amend, change or discontinue the policies, practices and benefits described in the handbook at any time and without notice.
NON-EXEMPT POSITION: Non-Exempt employees are subject to the wage and hour laws and entitled to overtime pay. All overtime work by a non-exempt employee must be approved in advance by the employee’s supervisor or the General Manager and the time initialed by him/her on the time card. Non-exempt employees who work overtime without prior approval are subject to disciplinary action, including termination.
PrideStaff's Mission is to consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most. One of the things that we are most proud of is how loyal our clients are to PrideStaff.
Why Work Here?PrideStaff is a national staffing and recruiting services company founded in 1978 with over 80 offices in the US. The Core Positions that we specialize span the office from Receptionist to CFO and all Light Industrial positions to support manufacturers and distributors. PrideStaff's Mission is to consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most. One of the things that we are most proud of is how loyal our clients are to PrideStaff.
Only Staffing Firm to achieve Clearlyrated’s Best of Staffing Diamond Award six years in a row for Client and Talent satisfaction.