Purchasing and Inventory Specialist
Pridestaff Bend, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
Purchasing and Inventory Specialist
PrideStaff, a firm specializing in recruiting for Central Oregon businesses, is seeking a Purchasing and Inventory Specialist for a machine shop in Bend,OR. The Purchasing and Inventory Specialist will oversees all aspects purchasing and inventory controls, vendor relationships some light customer service. The successful candidate will be responsible for all Purchasing, Quotes, and order entry. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of Purchasing and Office experience in a machine shop or metals manufacturing environment.
Purchasing and Inventory Specialist Responsibilities:
- Purchasing of all raw materials
- Material quotes, outside processing quotes and any other quotes needed
- Manufacturing quoting which requires the complete set up of customer parts in the
- shop system
- Process all incoming purchase orders and prepare work orders for manufacturing
- Review material and outside processing pricing for specific jobs for final invoicing
- Process vendor invoices. Check purchase order in the Shopkeepers system for accuracy
- Manage all AP and AR and ensure payment is collected promptly
- Work directly for the owners
- Create invoices
- Answer phones and greet customers
- Prioritize daily tasks with unexpected requests from owners and employees
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
Purchasing Office Manager Requirements:
- 5+ years of Purchasing experience in Manufacturing or similar environment is required
- Knowledge of CNC machine shop practices, elementary mechanics, machining methods, cutting qualities of materials, proper speeds and feeds ideal
- Office Administrator/Manager experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization, negotiation, and follow-up skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Minimum Typing skills of 40+ Wpm
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must have excellent problem solving and listening skills
- Order Entry and Purchasing experience
- Aerospace industry experience a huge plus
- 2 Professional positive References
Confidentiality: This position will be handling confidential personal data and information that belongs to our clients.
Basic Working Conditions: The employee must have their own method of dependable transportation and work full time during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Overtime and work on weekends may be needed. The employee must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and will be exposed to the outside elements as needed.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefits package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy, and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!
PridestaffWhy Work Here?
Stable and local dynamic company!
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests. With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers. As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefits package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy, and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!